Good website for new dynasty league/ Rule suggestions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Good website for new dynasty league/ Rule suggestions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Good website for new dynasty league/ Rule suggestions

Postby wolverbruin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:54 pm

I am trying to start a 10-12 team roto dynasty league and was wondering if people might be able to provide or direct me to information regarding a host website (yahoo doesn't have minor leaguers available) and set of rules (including roster size, transaction restrictions, frequency of lineup changes, etc.). I also wonder if people might have input regarding the merits of a standard 5x5 roto league versus a 6x6 league (extra categories: OPS & K/BB). Thanks a lot for your help.
wolverbruin
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Good website for new dynasty league/ Rule suggestions

Postby Archduke Chocula » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:12 am

wolverbruin wrote:I am trying to start a 10-12 team roto dynasty league and was wondering if people might be able to provide or direct me to information regarding a host website (yahoo doesn't have minor leaguers available) and set of rules (including roster size, transaction restrictions, frequency of lineup changes, etc.). I also wonder if people might have input regarding the merits of a standard 5x5 roto league versus a 6x6 league (extra categories: OPS & K/BB). Thanks a lot for your help.

sportsline has a decent player DB of major and minor leaguers. Frankly, though, the best thing to do is to store minor leaguer info offline and use Yahoo. Yahoo's got a plenty decent enough interface and they have shown an interest in improving their service year after year. People will have to wait for the minor leaguers to show up, but the delay isn't excessive-- about a week, I think. Also, Yahoo adds as many minor leaguers as they think could get called up to their player DB as soon as they go live. I bet the odds are very high that guys like Alex Gordon will be available, for example. Yahoo also doesn't force minor leaguers to play a minimum amount of games at a position to get eligibility-- so none come up as UTIL.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner