WELCOME TO THE MOST BORING WORLD SERIES EVER! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WELCOME TO THE MOST BORING WORLD SERIES EVER!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevelabny » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:14 am

i tried to defend myself after being bashed as an annoying yankee fan and someone who just insults others mere days after you all begged me to join because i had such valid points but fbc ate my post and i didnt bother to retype it. but i will say that the only people who should have even taken offense are 1> anyone who said this series was over, and the yankees would win and 2> anyone who blames the yankees for baseballs current "problems"
i called the people who said this series was over and the yankees had won MORONS. and i still stand by that 100%.
i called the people who blame the yankees for baseballs problems sore-losers because i see no other logical explanation. why else would people blame the yankees for baseball problems?

the yankees havent won in 3 years.
as previously announced, their main 4 current free agents are GIAMBI, MUSSINA, MATSUI AND CONTRERAS.
those 4 guys have won NOTHING.
so one more time for the class: the current yankee dynasty 96-03 with the core of jeter, pettitte, bernie, mariano and then posada has NOT bought anything. they are just the greatest team ever.
the 3 rounds of playoffs make it IMPOSSIBLE to win a world series, but this team has been to 6 of 8. and won 4 of them.
respect them. applaud them. DO NOT insult them.

they havent won in three years.
they arent unbalancing the system. they are(were?) just GOOD.

the marlins won a world series with a 60 mil payroll
therefore ANY team can win a world series with a 60 mil payroll.
the yankees lost with a 160 mil payroll
therefore ANY team can lose with a 160 mil payroll.

the only problem in baseball is greedy owners who dont try to win.
steinbrenner isnt a problem. the yankees arent a problem. the lack of a salary cap is not a problem.
teams that dont try to win are a problem.
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:52 am

stevelabny wrote:i called the people who blame the yankees for baseballs problems sore-losers because i see no other logical explanation. why else would people blame the yankees for baseball problems?

First of all. We love your posts..just not the name calling. The sign out front says "No Spittin, No Swearing". What make the Cafe Solid is that we do get a vast majority of opinion's in here, from that opinion we form our own. Oh, and we all agree to get along. If you go to other forums ... and I am sure you have ... there is usually one guy .... and a bunch of "yes" men.. Not here, opinion's are always welcome. Especially yours. At least as far as I am concerned... ;-D ;-D

Secondly .... who is being Logical here? Sore Losers huh, maybe. But how can you not dislike the team that has won 1/4 of all the championships in your favorite sport. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby DK » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:26 am

stevelabny wrote:the current yankee dynasty 96-03 with the core of jeter, pettitte, bernie, mariano and then posada has NOT bought anything. they are just the greatest team ever.

are you serious?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:31 am

wrveres wrote:First of all. We love your posts..just not the name calling. The sign out front says "No Spittin, No Swearing". What make the Cafe Solid is that we do get a vast majority of opinion's in here, from that opinion we form our own. Oh, and we all agree to get along. If you go to other forums ... and I am sure you have ... there is usually one guy .... and a bunch of "yes" men.. Not here, opinion's are always welcome. Especially yours. At least as far as I am concerned... ;-D ;-D

Yes, it's great to discuss or even argue different points of view on any topic. Forget name calling and insults. It's just something that doesn't work here. We have a great group of guys and girls that love good, rational discussions. That's really what makes the Cafe' the best site out there. The more opinions the better. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tal1286 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:38 am

timkell wrote:Cubs fans. You've been selling out that stadium for 100 years. You constantly make a HUGE profit for your owner, yet the Cubs rarely so much as sniff the playoffs. A team like this should be able to increase payroll by at least $20 million, but they never do, because they know the fans will come anyway.

i know that this was a long time ago on the post but i agree with it completely and i just wanted to say that this is VERY frustrating.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:04 pm

To call people morons wont get you very far. To continue to keep saying it, is even worse. I suggest you look at your post on page 3 where you state Beane has some stupid ideas, and you state, he will NEVER win. Now isnt that comment basically the same as the comments you are calling moronic? If someone states, Arod stinks, thats moronic. But looking at this thread, theres no need for it at all.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:52 am

this is a nice look at the NYY for the future. It is a source that has been used in these forums many times before ...

"Dougs Business of Baseball"

Really sorry about that Jeter thing ...Ouch ... 135 million?...LMAO.....

The figures above are conservative. They assume that no options will be exercised, and don't include yet-unpaid portions of signing bonuses, which would push the Yankees' future commitments well over $400 million. I also assumed that "prospect" Drew Henson (due $12 million through 2006) will switch to football.

Moreover, the table includes only the eight players with at least two guaranteed years left on their contracts: a catcher, two outfielders, two infielders, two starting pitchers and Jeff Weaver, who has less chance than I have of playing for the 2004 Yankees.

The Yankees already have to replace or re-sign three members of their 2003 starting rotation. Irreplaceable closer Mariano Rivera's contract expires after the 2004 season. The farm system has no one likely to help before at least 2006. This could get very, very ugly.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:00 am

I got a kick out of the "Bud Selig countdown". :-D ;-D

Geez.....That's a lot of money on future commitments. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers