WELCOME TO THE MOST BORING WORLD SERIES EVER! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WELCOME TO THE MOST BORING WORLD SERIES EVER!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:43 am

Lofunzo wrote:
DK wrote:I'm PROUD to say that i'm a yankee hater. after all, i'm a mets fan. comes with the territory.

I am tired of reading all these damned posts, but i basically agree with everything absolutely adequate says.

I will respect your allegiances but also say that you have much more intelligence than to agree with what AA says. I have read your posts and know them to be more than 99.9% Yankees bashing.

If you don't like the team, I say fine. If you are jealous because they play by the rules and just like to bash them for being good, then shame on you. I know that there was no Cafe when they sucked but I'm sure that no one gave a damn when they were bad. Get over it. (This is just a general statement and not against DK)

I'm sorry, but "much more intelligence than to agree with what AA says? Sorry if I come off slightly vitrolic sometimes, but that's the sort of hate that the Yankees inspire.

Calling my posts unintelligent. This from a man who repeatedly thought that 1. Billy Beane wrote Moneyball and 2. That he somehow bashed other GMs in it.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:45 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Good point. Right now the commish is just a puppet for the owners. The problem is if the commish is supposed to be independent from the Player's union and owners, who appoints him and what makes his authority legitimate?

Easy. One option would be to have a group made up of owners and union reps select a new commissioner. Another option (less desirable, in my mind) is that the US Congress finally makes good on their threat to pull baseball's anti-trust exemption unless a commissioner is appointed via some independent committee.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:50 am

ramble2 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Good point. Right now the commish is just a puppet for the owners. The problem is if the commish is supposed to be independent from the Player's union and owners, who appoints him and what makes his authority legitimate?

Easy. One option would be to have a group made up of owners and union reps select a new commissioner. Another option (less desirable, in my mind) is that the US Congress finally makes good on their threat to pull baseball's anti-trust exemption unless a commissioner is appointed via some independent committee.

Not as easy as it sounds. 30 owners and 30 team reps get together to vote, I'm willing to bet its a 50/50 split. Even if it isn't the Commish would need Judge Landis like authority which I doubt the owners would give him.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:13 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
DK wrote:I'm PROUD to say that i'm a yankee hater. after all, i'm a mets fan. comes with the territory.

I am tired of reading all these damned posts, but i basically agree with everything absolutely adequate says.

I will respect your allegiances but also say that you have much more intelligence than to agree with what AA says. I have read your posts and know them to be more than 99.9% Yankees bashing.

If you don't like the team, I say fine. If you are jealous because they play by the rules and just like to bash them for being good, then shame on you. I know that there was no Cafe when they sucked but I'm sure that no one gave a damn when they were bad. Get over it. (This is just a general statement and not against DK)

I'm sorry, but "much more intelligence than to agree with what AA says? Sorry if I come off slightly vitrolic sometimes, but that's the sort of hate that the Yankees inspire.

Calling my posts unintelligent. This from a man who repeatedly thought that 1. Billy Beane wrote Moneyball and 2. That he somehow bashed other GMs in it.

The only thing that I said is that 99.9% of your posts are anti-Yankee. If I misspoke and inferred that he wrote it, my apologies to the 100% correct and Mensa candidate AA.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DK » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:04 pm

aye caramba...this has become less about money and more about Lo and AA bashing each other. please stop. it's annoying me and probably everyone else too.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:36 pm

DK wrote:aye caramba...this has become less about money and more about Lo and AA bashing each other. please stop. it's annoying me and probably everyone else too.

I hear ya. If AA has something to constructive to say, I will gladly listen. Being passionate about your team is fine. Bashing another in just about every one of your posts is not, IMHO.

DK.......My original thought on this latest discussion was actually a compliment to you. You have some good things to say.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:51 am

Thanks for the compliment Lo. I like Yankee fans (most of them), but i don't like the yankees.

some of the things AA say have good meaning, other things he says do not. it happens to all of us, including myself and everyone else in here.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:29 am

Hey,
I never meant any foul - I was just insulted, I guess. Bygones.

And I agree that the Yankees are playing by the rules - I don't think that anybody ever suggested otherwise.

My point was that I don't think that what the Yankees are doing is good for baseball. I think that having a dynasty hurts the game. I posted my reasoning on page 10 of this thread, laid out in attendance v. the national league. But beyond that, yeah, I'm done with this thread as well.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:18 pm

I understand why people would be frustrated with the Yankees success but it's all cyclicle. When they sucked, I'm sure that not as many people hated them. IMHO, if anyone else's team had an owner that spent whatever he could to put a winning team on the field, they would look the other way and not be so quick to criticize.

I grew up a Yankee fan, before Steinbrenner took over. He has certainly done things in the past that are questionable at best. As we all know, when you root for a team, you take the good with the bad.
Lofunzo

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:36 am

Congratulation FLA.... for not only surviving Prior and Wood, But Taking on the Evil Empire, .... And then smokin' 'em. NYY never even put up a fight.

Guess they will just have to "spend a little more" 200,000,000.00 ??? 250,000,000.00 ..Just add a few more zeros George. I can already see the conversation tomorrow......
"No George, They don't use a dotted line anymore" "Just sign the check here" "Yes his name is Guerrero" "Yes he'll do a comercial with you George" "Thanks George" :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers