Nintendo DS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Nintendo DS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nintendo DS

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:33 pm

I got a Nintendo DS for Christmas and I must say, as a casual gamer, I love it! The touch screen is a nice touch, and a Wi-Fi web browser is on its way.

I got MarioKart DS, probably my favorite game, and not only is the game play fun almost never boring, but the Wi-Fi play adds whole new element. Let me know if you want to play.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is unbelievably addictive and fun. It's a turn-based strategy game that I can play in short stints or for hours at a time.

Final Fantasy III is as fun as it is punishing (save points are non-existent). I've never been much of an RPG fan, but I was a big fan of the Final Fantasy III (which I think was actually FF IV because of Japan-only releases) for the SNES and this is a nice little throwback.

Next I want to give the new Super Mario Bros. a try and perhaps Elite Beat Agents... anyone else have a DS?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:47 pm

I don't have it but I've played it and it is addictive ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:53 pm

I got one a couple months ago, I've got Mega Man X, New Super Mario Bros, Yoshi's Island, and Mario Kart

I beat the Mario game in somethin like 6 or 7 days playing it religiously, it was a lot of fun but not terribly challenging

Mario Kart is certainly addictive, I beat all the cups in all formats and that game has given me killer thumb tendonitis or somethin

I just got Yoshi's Island for X-mas and that is really good, and more challenging to me than Mario

Mega Man is pretty different from the typical Mega Man formula. I've gotten to the end of it but not finished it
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:47 pm

Have one and love it. I have Kart, New Mario Brothers, and Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. All of them were very fun to play. If you have friends who own one it gets about 10 times more fun, especially with Kart.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Nintendo DS

Postby Coppermine » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:58 am

Well, if you have a Nintendo DS, then you absolutely have to get this R4 Revolution thing...

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Ds-R4-Re ... 228&sr=8-1

With this little cartridge and a MicroSD card, you can download and play any DS game rom, browse the Internet, listen to music or even watch movies. In other words, it's the greatest thing ever.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Video Games