How's my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's my team?

Postby 123inningplz » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 pm

EDIT: Just traded LaRoche/Bush/Brignac for Peavy/Lofton/Ellsbury.

This is the first year of our keeper league and we'll have a prospects draft shortly after as well. Scoring is 6x6 (OPS, holds), h2h, 16 teams, through Yahoo! and message board.

C - Mike Piazza
1B - David Ortiz
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Aaron Hill
LF - Pat Burrell
CF - Dave Roberts
RF - Bobby Abreu
OF - Luke Scott
DH - Emil Brown
Bench - Brad Wilkerson, Kenny Lofton

SP - Jake Peavy, John Smoltz, Matt Cain, Brad Penny, Javier Vazquez
RP - BJ Ryan, Brian Fuentes, Scott Linebrink, Juan Rincon
Bench - Roger Clemens, Tom Gorzelanny
Last edited by 123inningplz on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 pm

im not saying a word. :P
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1948)

Postby elltrain22 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:14 am

C- Piazza: very good pick here as I think he will have at least a 25hr, 85rbi year, and at that position he should one of the top fantasy catchers.
1B- Adam LaRouche: why no one gives him any love is a question to me. Very good hitter, and getting better, plus will get an opportunity to hit in the middle of Pitt's lineup, which might spell more RBI opp's.
2B- Kinsler: love this guy. Numbers very similar to Utley when he broke in. Could have a very nice year.
SS- if he is still available, Troy Tulkowitski from Col, might be an excellent sleeper.
3B- ArmRam: 40hr's & 120ribs, nice pick
OF's- love the Abreu pick, Roberts will give lots of steals, & Burrell provides HR's & RBI's. Not sold on Scott, but could prove me wrong.
UTL- Papi: 50hr's & 130ribs almost every year, every team needs a guy like that.
SP- Smoltz, Cain, & Bush are pretty nice, but after that its kinda shaky. Love the Clemens pick, btw..
RP- Ryan & Fuentes: Ryan is top notch, and Fuentes is effective but will not see as many chances as you'd like.

Your hitting is very solid. Lot of HR's, RBI's, Runs, & sb's. Average might kill ya though. Pitching could struggle. I really don't see alot of depth, and if Bush & Cain are figured out this year, then what are you left with? Also, almost every week you will loose saves w/ only 2 closers on your team.

Overall, I like your teams hitting, but feel that the pitching could be upgraded. Overall, I give your team a 7.5/10.

thanks for rating mine.
elltrain22
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Atlas » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Not bad considering its a 16 team league.
Love Ramierez. Just heard Kinsler may be batting 9th, though. Need a year of Abreau in NY to see how he fairs in that line-up.

There's always going to be new closers as the season goes on (i.e. Palpelbon last year) so that can always be upgraded if need be. Also don't know what to make o Piazza vs AL pitchers.
Atlas
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby audioboy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:38 pm

I think it looks pretty solid for a 16 team league. I'm not a big Luke Scott fan and there might have been a better option at OF.

Anyone got jason Bartlett at SS yet? I'm putting him on my sleeper list this season
audioboy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:09 pm

not to sound like an ass. but your team is well decent? its kind of old for a keeper team, and theres really no balance.
alot of power, but then you have dave roberts for speed?
i understand its 16 teams but i still think you could of done better.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby patcub » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 pm

I think its pretty good for a 16 team league. You must have pulled off some kind of trade since you first posted since someone said you had Laroche and Bush and now you have Peavy. If you pulled off that trade straight up, congrats, but I'd be interested to know exactly what the trade was. Anyways, your offense seems pretty good, but I think you'll be light on speed. I'm not very high on Roberts since he'll probably miss at least 30-40 games with his injury history, plus hes pretty worthless as a keeper. Lofton could make up for him though. The rest of the offense is a little old so there isn't a ton of keeper potential outside of Papi, Kinsler, and Abreu.

I like your pitching staff a lot, esspecially in a league that counts holds. Peavy obviously improves the staff a lot and is a great keeper. Cain also will make a great keeper since he'll just keep getting better. Linebrink is a great pick since he'll be good in holds this year and then should be a closer in a couple years. You'll also get a nice boost when Clemens comes back. Overall, a good staff for this year with keeper potential and a nice mix of younger and older players.

Your pitching should keep you plenty competitive in your league, while your offense will give you a lot of power but has limited upside.
patcub
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby 123inningplz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Well, we keep 7 (plus 4 prospects), so I'd probably keep: Ortiz, ARam, Kinsler, Abreu, Peavy, Cain, and Ryan.

This was the exact trade:
Dave Bush, Adam LaRoche, and my 20th overall prospect pick (he chose Reid Brignac with it) for Jake Peavy, Kenny Lofton, and his 38th overall prospect pick (I just chose Jacoby Ellsbury with it).

Lofton was a throw-in, but I'm thinking of platooning Lofton and Roberts since neither figures to play more than 120 games.

Thanks for the comments!
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Boys_of_Summer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:19 pm

You have a competitive team and remembering that it is 16 teams deep you are going to have some weak areas. The only glaring spot I see is at SS. Visquel and the names mentioned already would be much better choices. I detest the "your team is too old" claim (get it a lot myself) as there always seems to be a run on unproven talent. I remember Mark Prior going top five, Zack Grienke being a "keeper," last year's "it" pitcher Brandon McCarthy just went in the 260's in a draft I'm currently in. I just drafted JR. Griffey with the 310th pick and earlier got Abreu at 65. What am I thinking, I'm glad people undervalue proven commodities. I think your pitching is fine as your back end will not hurt you and that young Pirate is an interesting choice as well. I have him on my sleeper list as well. And if Clemens signs you have a potential #1 for down the stretch and you'll have a great read on Gorz to determine if he can help. OF and SS are your areas of need but a platoon of Loften/Roberts will add steals, but I'd try to get a SS that has some wheels (Visquel, Bartlett) otherwise I don't see you winning that category, but with Papi, AR, Bobby, Piazza, Burrell will bring the power cats to you. Not knowing the other rosters, I think you'll be just fine.
Boys_of_Summer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sportsjerk » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:22 pm

For a 16-team league, you have a solid and competitive team. Like stated earlier, I would look to upgrade your SS position. Maybe Vizquel or even a young sleeper rookie.
sportsjerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team