Are You A Gamer?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 28

Video Games

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:22 pm

I see multiple threads all the time about video games and I'm curious what percentage of Cafers play regularly or consider themselves 'Gamers'.

Personally, I only play when I'm helping my 7-year old pass a level he's having trouble with, and that doesn't happen very often since he's better than me at most of these games. I voted 'no' since I don't play regularly and definitely don't consider myself a Gamer.

I just can't get into it. I have quite a few friends who play religiously, but it's just something I get bored easily with. I now see some benefit in playing, where as I didn't used to. The hand/eye coordination is a good quality to develop and I think the Wii is one of the best things the industry has come out with in a long time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:35 pm

i was big into rpg's in high school, but i basically quit playing video games after that. i pretty much only play sports games and the occasional rpg now. i just don't have enough time for video games anymore.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Old_Style wrote:i was big into rpg's in high school, but i basically quit playing video games after that. i pretty much only play sports games and the occasional rpg now. i just don't have enough time for video games anymore.

What's an 'rpg'?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i was big into rpg's in high school, but i basically quit playing video games after that. i pretty much only play sports games and the occasional rpg now. i just don't have enough time for video games anymore.

What's an 'rpg'?

role playing games. like the final fantasy series, kingdom hearts...games like that.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:49 pm

I guess I don't really consider myself a gamer. I play sports games a few times a week. In fact, the only non-sports game I own is Halo2, and I hardly ever play that.

Granted when I finally get a Wii and the new Zelda things may change. B-)
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Huge gamer. I've always been and probably always will be. I don't watch a lot of TV so playing games take up a lot of my free time.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Yoda wrote:Huge gamer. I've always been and probably always will be. I don't watch a lot of TV so playing games take up a lot of my free time.

Same here. ;-D
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:11 pm

I'm a gamer, but my friends tend to think I'm a religiously hardcore gamer. I enjoy playing video games, but don't really find the time to play them as much as I did in high school and in some parts of college. There will be some weekends where I'll play 8-10 hours of PC/video games though. I'm more into multi-player action games and RPG's, used to be into fighting and sports games back in the day, but in general, I'm an action/RPG gamer. I do enjoy a driving game like Need for Speed or Gran Turismo every now and then.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:13 pm

i consider myself a hardcore sports gamer. madden, mvp, ncaa series, etc....i dabble in halo, gears of war, the tom clancy games, things like that, but mostly just sports.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Love games! Currently playing:

Madden 2007
NCAA 2007
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy V Advance
Wii Sports

Plenty more that i'm meaning to get to, but the job search is taking up some time for sure.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games