Galt wrote:Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but it goes against any list published.
Garza and Gallardo are universal top 5 guys.
Elbert is ahead of Kershaw on every single list (way ahead) ranking Dodgers prospects.
The highest possible argument would be top 8. Ahead of Hochevar and Andrew Miller.
Jim Callis's top pitching prospects (baseball america)
1. Daisuke Matsuzaka, rhp, Red Sox
2. Philip Hughes, rhp, Yankees
3. Homer Bailey, rhp, Reds
4. Tim Lincecum, rhp, Giants
5. Andrew Miller, lhp, Tigers
6. Yovani Gallardo, rhp, Brewers
7. Matt Garza, rhp, Twins
8. Clayton Kershaw, lhp, Dodgers
9. Scott Elbert, lhp, Dodgers
10. Adam Miller, rhp, Indians
11. Mike Pelfrey, rhp, Mets
12. Luke Hochevar, rhp, Royals
13. Nick Adenhart, rhp, Angels
I guess Garza and Gallardo aren't universal top 5 guys.
I guess Elbert isn't listed way ahead of Kershaw on every list.
Adenhart is a little low, but Kershaw is still in the top 8 and thats including Matsuzaka.