Kershaw vs. Adenhart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Kershaw vs. Adenhart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kershaw vs. Adenhart

Postby Jackalope » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:53 pm

Both seem to be about the same distance away (I see Kershaw climbing quickly through the minors).

Who would you put your faith in?

I'm thinking Kershaw - but that could be post draft hype.
Jackalope
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Great question....for some reason, because they're both available in my keeper league, I was comparing them too....I personally think Adenhart is closer but he obviously has an injury factor against him (but not too worried about it)

I say Adenhart at this point.....but who knows/????
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby chargerss24 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:57 pm

I have Adenhart as one of my two minor league keepers.
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby FalcoAtL » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:01 am

Hard to say at this point, but I think because of the injury issues with Adenhart, as discussed above, Kershaw gets the nod. The guy simply has been a beast since his debut. Its hard to find his flaws.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rmande09 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:13 am

Gimme Kershaw any day of the week. There's a huge fuss surrounding Adenhart, but he's never going to be an ace, he's a ways away, and his an injury waiting to happen. You may have to wait an extra year for Kershaw, but he does everything well - three plus pitches, pinpoint control, mature beyond his years on the mound, etc. The only thing wrong with Kershaw is beyond his control - inexperience and age.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KDOGG » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:49 am

chargerss24 wrote:I have Adenhart as one of my two minor league keepers.

LOL big deal... which one do you like better?? Just becuase you have Adenhart doesnt mean he's a better prospect.

I like Kershaw/
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Kershaw - more upside and a rarer talent (dominating LHP with good command) than Adenhart. Unproven outside of a stint in short season ball.

Adenhart - with TJ surgery already out of the way and a nice recovery, I actually think he may be more resistant to injury than Kershaw.

I have them very close, but gave the edge to Adenhart primarily due to the fact that Adenhart is proven in full season ball. I have a hard time trusting any pitcher who hasn't pitched a full season above high school, although I trust Kershaw a little more than most that fit that description.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rmande09 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:12 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:Kershaw - more upside and a rarer talent (dominating LHP with good command) than Adenhart. Unproven outside of a stint in short season ball.

Adenhart - with TJ surgery already out of the way and a nice recovery, I actually think he may be more resistant to injury than Kershaw.

I have them very close, but gave the edge to Adenhart primarily due to the fact that Adenhart is proven in full season ball. I have a hard time trusting any pitcher who hasn't pitched a full season above high school, although I trust Kershaw a little more than most that fit that description.

Ignoring injury-potential (not a good thing), I would think Kershaw HAS to have the edge. Better stuff, better control, knows how to actually 'pitch,' a lefty - there really is nothing to not like. Kershaw could be a legit number one starter, whereas Adenhart's ceiling is somewhere around a #2.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:32 pm

rmande09 wrote:
mcqfesijiba wrote:Kershaw - more upside and a rarer talent (dominating LHP with good command) than Adenhart. Unproven outside of a stint in short season ball.

Ignoring injury-potential (not a good thing), I would think Kershaw HAS to have the edge. Better stuff, better control, knows how to actually 'pitch,' a lefty - there really is nothing to not like. Kershaw could be a legit number one starter, whereas Adenhart's ceiling is somewhere around a #2.
As I said, Kershaw has more upside, but I want to see more than 37 IP above high school in short season ball. Let's see if he can go 137 IP in a season and see how he's doing. Also, don't count out Adenhart's upside yet. Last year was his first full season since TJ surgery (which he had back in 2004 and came back for a partial season in 2005). There's some small chance he could be even better this season as he keeps getting back up to strength.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukjohn » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:40 pm

I think they are both top 5-7 pitching prospects, but I would go with Kershaw slightly higher than Adenhart. It is a toss up though, IMO
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball