Big Debate: Rotisserie or Head-Head - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Big Debate: Rotisserie or Head-Head

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Debate: Rotisserie or Head-Head

Postby JCole8 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 pm

OK, here's the situation. I am a senior in high school who is in love with fantasy baseball. 11 other peers and myself, all seniors from the same school, are in a bit of a pickle. We have been playing Yahoo fantasy baseball for the last 4 years, 3 of which (the last 3) have been head-head. It is a very competitive league with 20 bucks from each person on the line. The 12 of us have been debating on and off throughout the off-season whether or not to do rotisserie or stay with head-head. I know rotisserie is more accurate and head-head is more fun, but I don't know, I'm looking for another opinion from a 3rd party. So, if you could be of any help that would be great! Thanks a lot.
JCole8
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Umm...if you search the forum you will see topics about this that go 5+ pages. This battle is endless and ultimately it's whatever you prefer.

I personally hate Rto because its drafting and then sitting around. I play exclusively H2H. Many many others will agree, many many others will disagree.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 pm

You guys just gotta vote. I prefer roto but I can see the argument that it is boring. With money on the line I want the money to be earned by someone who manages their team well not someone who sneaks into the playoffs and catches a bit of luck.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Roto is better IMO. There is nothing worse then dominating the regular season only to have a few players go on bad streaks in the playoffs.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

I agree with Teddy. I normally avoid the Roto vs. H2H debates because I play and enjoy both. Both have their pros and cons. If I were to play a money league it would not be in H2H because one bad week can destroy your season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:31 pm

Why not do 2 leagues, one of each?
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby BravesGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 pm

IMO, if your playing with a bunch of fantasy vets that know their stuff then Roto is the way to go, but if you have some new guys the Head to Head is better.

I have 2 keeper teams, 1 roto, 1 head to head.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm

good ideas/thoughts from the previous 2 posters

myself i refuse to do H2H..too much like fantasy football brings in more luck takes out some skill

but if that appeals to you and or others then you should go with that format..nothing wrong with it if you are liking it

to adapt what was said maybe this year do your normal head 2 head but do a midseason roto with the same people make it like 5 bucks where your current league is 20..see if everyone likes it, gets used to all the differences..then next year can maybe do a full season one
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby CheeseBeger » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:57 pm

Nothing beats H2H when you see the guys your playing with on a daily basis. Smack talking just makes it soo much fun!
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:07 pm

Oh God, not this again.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner