Jumpstarting original Cafe Challenge league, need owners... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Jumpstarting original Cafe Challenge league, need owners...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jumpstarting original Cafe Challenge league, need owners...

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Hello everyone. I’m working on the casting call for a renewed Cafe Challenge league. I was part of the original league, which pitted six of the FBC’s best managers against six of the FFC’s elite, playing both fantasy baseball and fantasy football and crowning an overall winner and playing for cafe bragging rights.
The baseball cafe won the first three seasons (football, baseball, football) and I was fortunate enough to pull off last year’s baseball league title. Unfortunately, things fell apart heading into the football season (perhaps too many of the old group were tired of the commitment?).
I’d like to organize a new Cafe Challenge league based on the old standards. To be in the league, you need to know your stuff and be well recognized in your respective cafe. If interested, please PM me or e-mail me at mailto:jzsports@hotmail.com ASAP so we aren’t trying to do things last-minute. I’ll be talking with mods on both sides to help confirm potential owners and narrow down the field if there are over six from either cafe. Mookie was the point person in previous seasons, and hopefully I can lean on him for assistance, even if he’s not interested in participating fully in the league.
I’m looking forward to your feedback.
Warpigs
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSOE » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:30 pm

glad to see this is up and running again. I was going to put something together because i heard we had stopped doing it. I started a thread about a possible league bit if you are heading it up thats great. Heres the thread. Thanks for doing this Warpigs!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245334&sid=662d8561db2550468ecba0ec0132f5b0

BTW i would love to be involved in this on the football side. Im GreatestShowOnEarth over there by the way.
GSOE Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 pm

I knew that several different people were looking to start Cafe Challenge-like leagues. I was really disappointed that things fell apart last minute heading into this past season's football league, so I promised myself then that I'd work to jumpstart things again once baseball season started. I still don't know why the original cafe challenge fell apart then. I'm hoping it wasn't my fault somehow. Anyway, this allows older Cafe Challenge veterans to bow out gracefully (if they were tired of the year-long commitment), although I hope we get at least some of the originals back for the new Cafe Challenge league. It was quite competitive!
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSOE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Where are all the baseball guys? :-?
GSOE Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Thursday » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:10 pm

I would like to try this out. I've been a member of these forums for a while, and would like to see how i can stack up against those whose posts i read all the time!! I don't post all that often in the off-season, but i am in the 1000 club.

I'm up for a good challenge. ;-D
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Warpigs » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:24 pm

GSOE wrote:Where are all the baseball guys? :-?

Don't worry. The league will be filled. I've gotten lots of interest.
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Warpigs wrote:
GSOE wrote:Where are all the baseball guys? :-?

Don't worry. The league will be filled. I've gotten lots of interest.

Do you happen to have a running list of owners joining? I know I'm in, as defending FBC vs. FFC fantasy football league champion. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Return to Classifieds