Randy Winn, Aubrey Huff, and Garrett Anderson -- Buy or Sell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Winn, Aubrey Huff, and Garrett Anderson -- Buy or Sell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Winn, Aubrey Huff, and Garrett Anderson -- Buy or Sell

Postby BravesBoy » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:57 pm

Well I had some fun with this Buy or Sell Around The Horn rip off yesterday so let's go ahead and do it once again...Around Daaa Hooorrnnn....yeah that was bad....

1st Topic, Randy Winn
On the Devil Rays last year but was traded for a manager to go to a Seattle team which will give him more opportunities to hit the ball and steal some bases. But a lot of people are saying 1 hit wonder so here's the question...

Buy or Sell Randy Winn as a Top 20 OF in a Keeper League

Topic Number 2, Aubrey Huff
Huff is still in Tampa but he probably wishes that he went up to Seattle with Winn. He was still able to post some very good numbers even though he's in Tampa. Huff hit 23 HRs and drove in 59, which might of been all of the Devil Rays base runners last year, along with hitting a .313 average. He played 14 games at 3rd last year, qualifing him in some leagues as a 1st and 3rd basemen. So...

Buy or Sell Aubrey Huff a POTENTIAL Albert Pujols-like fantasy player within the next 3 years

Last topic, Angles Outfielder Garrett Andeson
With the Angles winning the World Series last year, Anderson was noticed but it seems forgotten again. 92 HRs and 363 RBI his last 3 seasons for an Anaheim team who has pitchers in their division such as Freddy Garcia, Barry Zito, Mark Mudler, Joel Pinero, and Tim Hudson that Anderson has to regularly square off against. So our last one...

Buy or Sell Garrett Anderson as the MOST underrated outfielder in not only the major leagues, but also fantasy baseball

Alright, go ahead and give your answers and a little reasoning if you could. Also, consider these questions when dealing with a standard 5X5 league. Thanks guys..hopefully we can have fun with this...if not I'll just give it up lol.

Josh
Despite all my rage
I am still just a rat in a cage
BravesBoy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm

Randy Winn- he is not top 20, but he is borderline top 25. i have him the number 26 outfielder. i think he will score more runs and steal more bases, but his power numbers will go down hitting at safeco.

Aubrey Huff- He is not Albert Pujols. i think he could be a nice player this year, but i dont think he will come close to pujols stats. i see huff at 25 HR, 92 RBI with around a .305 average hitting for the lowly D-Rays.

Garrett Anderson - I dont think he is underrated anymore. in fact, so many people jumped on the bandwagon over the offseason, that he might be a bit OVERRATED heading into the spring drafts. his numbers should be right around the same as last year.

By the way, I think Around the Horn is the worst show on tv.

Travis
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shizzlemynizzle » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:20 pm

I've got Winn rated as my 35th outfielder. I think his numbers won't be quite as good, moving from leadoff to the 2 hole. More sacrifices, less steals, etc.

I would think Huff will post numbers close to what you project. I think he has the potential do better/worse depending on the development of some of his younger teamates. IE - more guys in scoring position to drive in, scoring more runs, seeing better pitches, etc. Multiple pos elegibility helps.

I agree with tlef that Anderson is probably not underrated anymore. I've got him around #14 on my list. Depends on the other owners in your league.
shizzlemynizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby THE MASHER » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:27 pm

TOPIC #1

I am not a Randy Winn fan. I have him ranked @ 44th outfielder. So, I would not keep him. He flat out can't hit on grass - his BA is like .230 or worse. So, definitely NOT a top 20 keeper - I have Garrett Anderson as # 20 OF.

TOPIC #2

Aubrey Huff only plays like Albert Pujols on Triple Play 2003. No way is he the same player - even in the future. He could be a decnt late round alternative - but that's probably it.

TOPIC #3

I think that Garrett Anderson is a rare breed - solid and quiet. That being said - I have him ranked as #20 OF - he's good, not great and frankly, the most underrated OF is Magglio Ordonez. He's a bonafide early 2nd round stud! Next would be Brian Giles...
THE MASHER
THE MASHER
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:12 pm

Winn is a sell. Hes the most overrated outfielder this year. Like was said earlier, hes a turf player. Now hes in a pitchers park.

home 325 9 hrs 48 rbis
road 268 5 hrs 27 rbis

Huff is a buy. Hes getting better. Huff is better off in TB then Seattle. Going to Safeco would decrease his numbers. Huff hit 17 of his 23 hrs at home.

Anderson is neutral. You could buy or sell. He was underrated till last year.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ScurvyDog » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:18 pm

Assuming it's all realative (I am keeping Winn at $1 this year). I would say:

Winn - Sell
Huff - Sell (while he's worth a lot)
Anderson - Buy (if you look up inderrated in the dictionary - his picture is there)

IMO -
"Life is tough. But it is even tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
ScurvyDog

Postby poundsman » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:34 pm

in topic 1 i think buy winn he just got traded to a good team he can olny get better while surrounded with talent so wait to sell r. winn
When my time on earth has passed, I hope the bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass.
-Bob Knight-
poundsman
College Coach
College Coach

buy or sell

Postby gypsyspot » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:53 pm

ill sell on Randy Winn. Even though i drafted him, I had him rated at 29. Solid, but not top twenty

Ill buy on Aubrey Huff. This kid has the tools to be great, but he might not get to Albert Pujols status in TB

Ill by on Garret Anderson. .306, 123RBI, 29HR, 93R, what's not to like? Ive seen magazines that have had him out of the top thirty. Definetely proven, definetely underrated.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers