This kid has to move out of CHC right? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This kid has to move out of CHC right?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:35 am

Chicago Tribune wrote:CUBS: Steve Bartman surfaced briefly to say he and his family and friends have been threatened and harassed by some but received empathy and support from many others. He became the center of controversy by tipping a foul ball at an unfortunate moment during Game 6 of the National League Championship Series.

Bartman, a Cubs fan, issued what he termed his "final comment" on the subject. He said he was declining interview requests and would donate to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation all the "generous gift offers" he has received "from individuals and businesses across the country."

He urged others wishing to make similar donations to follow his lead and do so in the name of Ron Santo, the Cubs' broadcaster and former star third baseman who is afflicted with diabetes and is a spokesman for the foundation.

Bartman became an object of scorn and parody after he reached for a foul ball in the eighth inning that Cubs left fielder Moises Alou might have caught for the second out of the inning.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 642)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:38 am

Cool that he's donating everything to charity. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:41 am

Glad to see that he is getting a ton of support ..... too ...

Too bad he is named "Bartman" .... that, he will never be able to escape, sad really.

in '04 "Bartman Goats" ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 642)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:46 am

Theme music:

Nah, na na na na na na na, Nah, na na na na na "Bartman", "Bartman", "Bartman" na na na na na na na na "Bartman"!
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:55 am

Madison wrote:Theme music:

Nah, na na na na na na na, Nah, na na na na na "Bartman", "Bartman", "Bartman" na na na na na na na na "Bartman"!


works for me............... :-B
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 642)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:58 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:Theme music:

Nah, na na na na na na na, Nah, na na na na na "Bartman", "Bartman", "Bartman" na na na na na na na na "Bartman"!


works for me............... :-B


*POW* &SMACK& $KICK$

I'm sure you are old enough to remember the old Batman show. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:12 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:Theme music:

Nah, na na na na na na na, Nah, na na na na na "Bartman", "Bartman", "Bartman" na na na na na na na na "Bartman"!


works for me............... :-B


*POW* &SMACK& $KICK$

I'm sure you are old enough to remember the old Batman show. :-)


I hated it ...... It always came on at the same time I had to go to school. lol ... lmao .... that and "Green acres" ...



"green acre's is the place be .... farm living is the life for me" :-t :-t :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 642)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:13 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:Theme music:

Nah, na na na na na na na, Nah, na na na na na "Bartman", "Bartman", "Bartman" na na na na na na na na "Bartman"!


works for me............... :-B


*POW* &SMACK& $KICK$

I'm sure you are old enough to remember the old Batman show. :-)


I hated it ...... It always came on at the same time I had to go to school. lol ... lmao .... that and "Green acres" ...



"green acre's is the place be .... farm living is the life for me" :-t :-t :-t


And "Bewitched", "I dream of Jeannie", and "Happy Days" :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Shitney™ » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:35 pm

Bart : Yo! Hey, what's happenin', dude?
I'm a guy with a rep for bein' rude.
Terrorizin' people wherever I go,
It's not intentional, just keepin' the flow!
Fixin' test scores to get the best scores,
Droppin' bananna peels all over the floor,
I'm the kid who made delinquincy an art!
Last name: Simpson. First name: Bart.
I'm here today to introduce the next phase
-the next step in the big Bart craze-
I got a new dance, real easy to do,
I learned it with no rhythm and so can you. Ooh!
So move your body, if you got the notion,
Front to back in a rock-like motion!
Now that you got it if you think you can,
Do it to the music - that's the Bartman.
Choristes : Everybody if you can, do the Bartman!
Bart : Whoa!


personally i'd change it to this...

Steve: Yo! Hey, what's happenin', dude?
I'm a guy with a rep for bein' rude.
Terrorizin' people wherever I go,
It's not intentional, just keepin' the flow!
Fixin' cubs games to get the best scores,
knockin' batted balls down to the floor,
I'm the kid who made delinquincy an art!
First name: Steve. Last name: Bart.
I'm here today to introduce the next phase
-the next step in the Marlins craze-
I got a new dance, real easy to do,
Just dive for foul balls, to upset Alou.
Now that you got it, if you think you can,
Do it to the music - that's the Bartman.
Choristes : Everybody if you can, do the Bartman!
Steve: Whoa!
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 666
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sky Sox Front Office

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:47 pm

Shitney™ wrote:
Bart : Yo! Hey, what's happenin', dude?
I'm a guy with a rep for bein' rude.
Terrorizin' people wherever I go,
It's not intentional, just keepin' the flow!
Fixin' test scores to get the best scores,
Droppin' bananna peels all over the floor,
I'm the kid who made delinquincy an art!
Last name: Simpson. First name: Bart.
I'm here today to introduce the next phase
-the next step in the big Bart craze-
I got a new dance, real easy to do,
I learned it with no rhythm and so can you. Ooh!
So move your body, if you got the notion,
Front to back in a rock-like motion!
Now that you got it if you think you can,
Do it to the music - that's the Bartman.
Choristes : Everybody if you can, do the Bartman!
Bart : Whoa!


personally i'd change it to this...

Steve: Yo! Hey, what's happenin', dude?
I'm a guy with a rep for bein' rude.
Terrorizin' people wherever I go,
It's not intentional, just keepin' the flow!
Fixin' cubs games to get the best scores,
knockin' batted balls down to the floor,
I'm the kid who made delinquincy an art!
First name: Steve. Last name: Bart.
I'm here today to introduce the next phase
-the next step in the Marlins craze-
I got a new dance, real easy to do,
Just dive for foul balls, to upset Alou.
Now that you got it, if you think you can,
Do it to the music - that's the Bartman.
Choristes : Everybody if you can, do the Bartman!
Steve: Whoa!


lol
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 642)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 10:15 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact