Keeper Team Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper Team Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Team Questions

Postby lucky43210 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Who is the least likely to succeed? Will Dukes adequately fill an outfield spot?

Roto,
30 teams - Full Keeper
19 Active, 6 Reserve, 3 DL, 12 minors
Cats - BA, Runs, RBIs, HRs, SBs, W, SV, ERA, WHIP, Ks
My Roster
C - Kenjii Johjima, Jeff Clement, Jesus Montero
1B - Prince Fielder, Justin Huber
2B - Robinson Cano, Josh Barfield
SS - Stephen Drew, BJ Upton, Jeff Bianchi
3B - David Wright, BJ Upton
OF - Alex Rios, Jeremy Hermida, Elijah Dukes, Jose Tabata, Fernando Martinez, Brad Wilkerson
SP - Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver, Scott Olsen, Ian Snell, John Patterson, Denny Bautista, Gavin Floyd, Anthony Reyes, Jason Vargas, Ezekiel Astacio, Edinson Volquez, Adam Miller, Nick Adenhart, Donald Veal, Ubaldo Jimenez, Hong-Chi Kuo
RP - Bobby Jenks, Fernando Rodney, Jonathan Broxton, Ryan Dempster, Brian Wilson, Chris Resop
How you finish is infinitely more important than how you start....

Steve R
lucky43210
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:56 pm

you definitely have a solid team for so deep. You have at least a solid player or stud at every position. nice team balance. The only area I could see some work is maybe acquriing a mid-aged prime OF and I think you'd be set.

maybe you could package Ian Snell, John Patterson with BJ upton and grab a stud OF in return. And then grab a 3b/sp prospect off the ww. i dont' expect much but could you please post a very deep and detailed list of the ww at each position. I am pretty good at scouting players and looking for guys that everyone would pass over. I was able to turn a team that stunk had only westbrook on it in a 20 team league in football with cheaters and finish in 2nd place.

If you want a track record, look at my respect in football cafe. Its been awhile but I am pretty sure my word counts for soemthing here as well.

good luck and i await your list.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3601)

Postby lucky43210 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:21 pm

The league is played on the CBS platform... 1200 owned players... Most every prospect is owned but we add them as 'unlisted' players. Thus, the wire won't show most of the kids that aren't owned. Kids like Bianchi, Montero and Veal aren't listed yet. I wish I could PM with you and get you logged into the site so you could actually check it over... I appreciate your reply but I can't imagine any way to post a list of the wire when the real finds are the guys who aren't on it. *grin*

I totally agree with the need for a stud OF... I dealt Jermaine Dye for Dempster and Jenks at the deadline last season. At this point, I am hoping Dukes makes the show this season and that Martinez and Tabata come along within 2-3 years. Meantime, I could see dealing Snell/JP/Upton for something but my inclination is to wait till the Spring. I like Snell's K/9 production and I think JP will be worth a ton more after he has a few healthy outings. Upton is an enigma to me... so much potential and one impossibly cruel flaw. You'd probably call me a fool but I dealt Alex Gordon and Justin Upton for Jered Weaver and Scott Olsen late last season... Yes, I know Gordon is the second coming but I have Wright at 3B and wanted young stud SP.

BTW, we had a rule change since last season and now we can't carry over guys who were on the DL as the end of last season. Thus, in addition to the drops necessitated by the draft picks (two rounds), there will be 25-30 other guys getting dropped by opening day. So, 85-90 players will get dropped.

Hopefully i can package 3 in a deal for the OF by then.

Here's a deal that went down a few weeks back... two pretty good teams swapping:

Montreal trades Jose Vidro (2B Sea), Jason Varitek (C, Bos), and Joe Nelson(RP KC)
to
Los Angeles in exchange for Eric Gagne (RP Tex), Mike Napoli (C Ana), and LA's 2007 2nd round pick (next draft, not this one)

Steve R
lucky43210
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lucky43210 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Also, thanks a ton for responding. I really appreciate it.

Steve R
lucky43210
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team