Much ado about nothing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Much ado about nothing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:15 am

mightyian5 wrote:well i bet fox is enjoying this phat ratings boost. the games really have been great though.


Agreed. The playoffs have been very fun to watch this year. It should stay that way. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby eftda » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:19 am

Madison wrote:
mightyian5 wrote:well i bet fox is enjoying this phat ratings boost. the games really have been great though.


Agreed. The playoffs have been very fun to watch this year. It should stay that way. :-)


these playoffs will suck if its the Marlins vs. Yankees
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:23 am

eftda wrote:
Madison wrote:
mightyian5 wrote:well i bet fox is enjoying this phat ratings boost. the games really have been great though.


Agreed. The playoffs have been very fun to watch this year. It should stay that way. :-)


these playoffs will suck if its the Marlins vs. Yankees


Hell No ...
Beckett and Willis vs. Clemens and Wells ...
Its David vs. Goliath, It'll be Go Pudge. Talk about cranking up your FA value.

But untill then, the Cubs have to win or there will be an entire family in danger... C'mon Corker ... be the hero!!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:07 am

HOOTIE wrote:The whole brawl thing. Way overblown, and very insignificant in the context of Iraq and the economy. No one was really hurt. Zimm had a bandaid, the employee a few cleat marks. Great news for Fox. Ratings will now increase. Some have posted a terrible day for bb. I disagree. Interest for Game 4 is all over. The brawl is all over the talk shows, where bb never goes. Whats a Boston NY series without some emotion? Its not like the Marichal took a bat to Roseboro incident. Who says they play only for $? If you missed game 3, you missed passion. There was not green involved there. The hysteria is drawing the non fan to at least now pay attention.


I agree with some of your points. This is a baseball forum, right? I could see if this was a political forum but this is a baseball topic on a baseball forum. Since everyone is done with their fantasy leagues, the topics are harder to come by.

If you want to look at it your way, then with everything going on in Iraq and with the economy, should we really be doing trivial things like fantasy baseball?
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:02 pm

And the ratings continue to go up:

Ratings keep on rising in LCS


October 15, 2003
NEW YORK (AP) -- Even in the afternoon, people are flocking to televisions to watch playoff baseball.

A rare rescheduled day game in the AL championship series Tuesday between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox drew a 7.1 rating and 16 share for Fox.

Game 5 was supposed to be played Monday night, but a rainout Sunday at Boston forced the teams into action Tuesday, a previously scheduled travel day. It was the first afternoon Game 5 in the LCS since 1998 when San Diego and Atlanta drew a 7.0 rating and a 14 share.

More people tuned in Tuesday night to see the Chicago Cubs take another shot at their first NL pennant since 1945.

Game 6 between the Cubs and the Marlins had a 12.6 national rating and a 20 share, up 45 percent from 2000 -- the last time either league's championship series reached six games.

Florida stretched the series to a seventh game with an 8-3 victory.

The Yankees and Seattle Mariners had a 8.7 rating and 14 share in Game 6 three years ago.

The first 11 games of the LCS have averaged a 9.5 rating, up 46 percent from a 6.5 last year.

Including the division series, Fox has an 8.8 rating so far, 38 percent higher than the 6.4 last year.

A ratings point represents 1,084,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 108.4 million TV homes. Fox is in the third year of a $2.5 billion, six-year contract with baseball.


Updated on Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 5:45 pm EDT


Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
I agree with some of your points. This is a baseball forum, right? I could see if this was a political forum but this is a baseball topic on a baseball forum. Since everyone is done with their fantasy leagues, the topics are harder to come by.

If you want to look at it your way, then with everything going on in Iraq and with the economy, should we really be doing trivial things like fantasy baseball?



I think you missed what i was trying to say. The brawl has made headlines. Front page news, in NY and Boston. The brawl has been all over the news shows. What i was saying was that more important stuff has made the back pages. Wasnt a political statement at all. Just a observation. Just trying to show that everyone was blowing their stacks on bascilly a trivial brawl, where no one was hurt, except for maybe bruised egos. Sure we can play fantasy. It isnt front page news dividing people, and spewing some of the hate remarks the brawl has inspired on numerous boards.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:20 pm

Madison wrote:And the ratings continue to go up:

Ratings keep on rising in LCS


October 15, 2003
NEW YORK (AP) -- Even in the afternoon, people are flocking to televisions to watch playoff baseball.

A rare rescheduled day game in the AL championship series Tuesday between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox drew a 7.1 rating and 16 share for Fox.

Game 5 was supposed to be played Monday night, but a rainout Sunday at Boston forced the teams into action Tuesday, a previously scheduled travel day. It was the first afternoon Game 5 in the LCS since 1998 when San Diego and Atlanta drew a 7.0 rating and a 14 share.

More people tuned in Tuesday night to see the Chicago Cubs take another shot at their first NL pennant since 1945.

Game 6 between the Cubs and the Marlins had a 12.6 national rating and a 20 share, up 45 percent from 2000 -- the last time either league's championship series reached six games.

Florida stretched the series to a seventh game with an 8-3 victory.

The Yankees and Seattle Mariners had a 8.7 rating and 14 share in Game 6 three years ago.

The first 11 games of the LCS have averaged a 9.5 rating, up 46 percent from a 6.5 last year.

Including the division series, Fox has an 8.8 rating so far, 38 percent higher than the 6.4 last year.

A ratings point represents 1,084,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 108.4 million TV homes. Fox is in the third year of a $2.5 billion, six-year contract with baseball.


Updated on Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 5:45 pm EDT




Well, I've been "sick" at the end of the past two days and have had to leave early.

I think Fox knows that Red Sox Nation will watch the game no matter when they put it on. If it's on at 3 in the morning, I'll watch it. So will everyone I know.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:23 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Well, I've been "sick" at the end of the past two days and have had to leave early.

I think Fox knows that Red Sox Nation will watch the game no matter when they put it on. If it's on at 3 in the morning, I'll watch it. So will everyone I know.


Sick, Lol. :*) Hey, whatever works to get you home to watch the game. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby DK » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:21 pm

david vs goliath? wells is goliath! :-D


i didn't want to resist that one... :-b
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact