How is Pat Robertson still news? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How is Pat Robertson still news?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame

Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.

That sucks I'm not allowed to hang out with insane religious nut jobs...So maybee he shouldn't be allowed at the party
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame

Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.

That sucks I'm not allowed to hang out with insane religious nut jobs...So maybee he shouldn't be allowed at the party

Well he proudly tells everyone he has a masters degree, but after deciding to do some research after this alcohol debacle, I discovered that he graduated from an unaccredited college.

Basically, it would be a misdemeanor in some states for him to write that he has a degree on a resume without indicating it's unaccredited.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Well he proudly tells everyone he has a masters degree, but after deciding to do some research after this alcohol debacle, I discovered that he graduated from an unaccredited college.

Basically, it would be a misdemeanor in some states for him to write that he has a degree on a resume without indicating it's unaccredited.

Thats funny :-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:38 pm

He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:52 pm

chadlincoln wrote:He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.
A good guesser should be correct 50% of the time I'd think.

he's a bad one
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:28 pm

Uhnow, our deflector shields are useless against phorton torpedoes, and we really need your support on this one, folks. Here at the 600 Club we need your money to spread the Word of Jesus, and build more advanced deflector shields for our galactic cruiser. Call now, and we'll give you this free pin. [a CBC logo pin]

Last edited by Pacman on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:41 pm

:-t Sigh.

It's sad that for a lot of people this guy is what they assume Christians are like. I promise not all of us go around acting crazy, prophesizing, and acting like an idiot in general. Guys like this make it an uphill battle when you try to talk to anybody about Christianity.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:47 pm

1337_Dude wrote::-t Sigh.

It's sad that for a lot of people this guy is what they assume Christians are like. I promise not all of us go around acting crazy, prophesizing, and acting like an idiot in general. Guys like this make it an uphill battle when you try to talk to anybody about Christianity.

I wouldn't complain too much, being grouped with Robertson is a compliment compared to being likened to Fred Phelps.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:51 pm

Tavish wrote:
1337_Dude wrote::-t Sigh.

I wouldn't complain too much, being grouped with Robertson is a compliment compared to being likened to Fred Phelps.

Very true.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:54 pm

chadlincoln wrote:He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.

He's not even a good guesser; he makes ambiguous guesses that can be easily manipulated.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk