How is Pat Robertson still news? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How is Pat Robertson still news?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:51 am

acsguitar wrote:God spoke to me and told me that Pat Robertson is a feminine hygiene product

Hold on... God told you Pat Robertson is a loofah?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 am

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:God spoke to me and told me that Pat Robertson is a feminine hygiene product

You ever see the SNL skit where Prince Charles wanted to be Princess Diana's tampon..

oh man
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:53 am

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

You ever see the SNL skit where Prince Charles wanted to be Princess Diana's tampon..

oh man

No, but I'm looking for it now.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 am

Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Pat Robertson is an absolute snake and anyone who follows him is a fool.

Sheep. WR isn't allowed here, so someone has to say it.

:-D

I think I have a totally different perception of how WR uses the term "sheep" to describe certain people, so do you mean the sheep are people who follow Robertson, or people like AV who can't understand why anyone would?

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:58 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Pat Robertson is an absolute snake and anyone who follows him is a fool.

I think I have a totally different perception of how WR uses the term "sheep" to describe certain people, so do you mean the sheep are people who follow Robertson, or people like AV who can't understand why anyone would?

;-D

Those who follow Robertson. How did WR get put into this?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:03 pm

acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

;-D

I don't know, but that makes perfect sense to me... you'd have to have absolutely no desire or capacity to think for yourself in order to believe a word Robertson says. A million people watch his show every day... A MILLION! I mean, it's difficult for thoughtful people to understand that, but sometimes it's easier to just let someone else do your thinking for you.

That's how Scientology is so successful :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

;-D

I don't know, but that makes perfect sense to me... you'd have to have absolutely no desire or capacity to think for yourself in order to believe a word Robertson says. A million people watch his show every day... A MILLION! I mean, it's difficult for thoughtful people to understand that, but sometimes it's easier to just let someone else do your thinking for you.

Does your town watch him?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:27 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

;-D

Actually, I think some people in my town are even MORE fundamentalist than Robertson... not to the degree of hate and proclaiming that natural disasters are God's wrath on our liberal society, but at least to the point of rejecting all televangelists for their communal church's.

I also live in an area with a large population of Mennonites and Brethren... the former being just a few steps removed from the Amish, to varying degrees of strictness; the latter being sort of a traditional type of interpretation of the New Testament, i.e. women wear head scarves because the Bible says something about how a woman's head should not be exposed when praying.

I haven't been exposed to anything too fundamentalist though until the experience with my co-worker who refused to go to a company party if "alcohol would be present." He has a degree from Hyles-Anderson college and has told us he has a box hooked up to his television to bleep out curse words and adult situations... and he doesn't have any kids.

He's a nice guy though and he never pushed his fundamentalist views on any of us until he requested there be no alcohol at this party. There was a lot of debate as to whether have alcohol would be disrespecting his beliefs, or by not having alcohol he would be disrespecting us.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

;-D

Actually, I think some people in my town are even MORE fundamentalist than Robertson... not to the degree of hate and proclaiming that natural disasters are God's wrath on our liberal society, but at least to the point of rejecting all televangelists for their communal church's.

I also live in an area with a large population of Mennonites and Brethren... the former being just a few steps removed from the Amish, to varying degrees of strictness; the latter being sort of a traditional type of interpretation of the New Testament, i.e. women wear head scarves because the Bible says something about how a woman's head should not be exposed when praying.

I haven't been exposed to anything too fundamentalist though until the experience with my co-worker who refused to go to a company party if "alcohol would be present." He has a degree from Hyles-Anderson college and has told us he has a box hooked up to his television to bleep out curse words and adult situations... and he doesn't have any kids.

He's a nice guy though and he never pushed his fundamentalist views on any of us until he requested there be no alcohol at this party. There was a lot of debate as to whether have alcohol would be disrespecting his beliefs, or by not having alcohol he would be disrespecting us.

I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame

Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk