2005 Baseball Road Trip Part XIV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2005 Baseball Road Trip Part XIV

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:26 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:I would not waste my time debating it any more. You can call it whatever you like and try to post-rationalize/spin your ranking decisions however you want to. You are either a casual fan, a Yankee hater posing as a Yankee fan or someone who wants to further his writing/reputation here by seeming "independent" and "non-biased" towards the plethora of Yankee haters that exist everywhere. No matter which is the case, the discussion is not worth any more of my time. A Yankee fan that like the Bob over Yankee Stadium...sure whatever.

Thanks for the discussion.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Great article, great series ;-D

I've never been to Yankee Stadium, but I like that you were honest instead of ranking it #1 just because it's your home stadium. Just because you're a fan of the team doesn't mean you have to enjoy where they play. Sullivan Stadium - where the Pats played before Gillette was built - was the worst experience of my live sporting event life.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:31 pm

bigken117 wrote:Great article, great series ;-D

I've never been to Yankee Stadium, but I like that you were honest instead of ranking it #1 just because it's your home stadium. Just because you're a fan of the team doesn't mean you have to enjoy where they play. Sullivan Stadium - where the Pats played before Gillette was built - was the worst experience of my live sporting event life.

Thanks. I really appreciate that you understand where I'm coming from with that one. Glad you liked the series and thanks for reading it. ;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:06 am

I agree. I see no reason to give extra weight to a stadium simply because your favorite team plays there.

I'm a HUGE Ranger fan, but even I can admit I HATE the fact they changed the name to "Ameriquest Field" :-P ! Nothing against Ameriquest, but The Ballpark in Arlington was an awesome name! If I were ranking, they lose points right there for that. I understand why they sold the naming rights, and really don't blast them for that, but as a fan who goes to games there, that doesn't mean I overlook something like that when giving the park an overall score. Liking your team has nothing to do with ranking the ballpark in which they play. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby willy-t » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:52 am

luckygehrig wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:I would not waste my time debating it any more. You can call it whatever you like and try to post-rationalize/spin your ranking decisions however you want to. You are either a casual fan, a Yankee hater posing as a Yankee fan or someone who wants to further his writing/reputation here by seeming "independent" and "non-biased" towards the plethora of Yankee haters that exist everywhere. No matter which is the case, the discussion is not worth any more of my time. A Yankee fan that like the Bob over Yankee Stadium...sure whatever.

Thanks for the discussion.

lol. I enjoyed the whole series a lot. Kudos for having the initiative to go ahead and fulfill your childhood daydreams.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks mad and willy-t. ;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:03 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Anyone who proclaims to be a Yankee fan and complains about the Stadium's age and cramp seats while ranking such notable and aging places as Wrigley and Fenway Park high has really got to be a closest Yankee Hater imo.

Am I a closet Red Sox hater because they're my favorite team and I want Fenway to be torn down? O:-)

Ok, I don't really want it torn down, but I wish the Sox would build a new stadium and then they can keep Fenway up as a museum or whatever.

Anyways, about the rankings...nice job. ;-D All the stadiums that I've been to and liked were towards the top, and all the ones I didn't like were at the bottom, so I definitely agree with and appreciate it.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks Teddy! Glad that we can agree on some of them. ;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: 2005 Baseball Road Trip Part XIV

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:15 pm

You have the best connections of all time. ;-D
"I stayed with person X organized by person A" etc etc etc.
Wow.
What a magic trip. (Although it must have been tough doing some of it by yourself).
If you want to go on another one just give me a call ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Article Discussions