Where's Obama? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Where's Obama?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Tupac says we're not ready for a black President. But that was like 10 years ago, so maybe now we are.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:34 pm

I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I'm very curious to see how many times we'll hear his opponents or talking heads "accidently" call him Osama, or saying something like "Barack Osboma-Sobmono, Osama...whatever his name is".
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:39 pm

knapplc wrote:As for Obama, the biggest thing he seems to have going for him is that he's a relative unknown.

i think thats the biggest thing against him. in polls, large numbers of democrats said they didnt know enough about him to support him for president.

I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I'm very curious to see how many times we'll hear his opponents or talking heads "accidently" call him Osama, or saying something like "Barack Osboma-Sobmono, Osama...whatever his name is".

i think they will refer to him by his full name...barrack hussein obama.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:40 pm

knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Agreed. 35% of the population says that America isn't ready for a woman president, but there are no polls out there asking if America is ready for a black president.

I see the very fact that we would even consider having such polls as problematic. Who cares if a person is female? Who cares what color their skin is? It's irrelevant, but enough people vote based on how someone looks that the questions remain.

As for Obama, the biggest thing he seems to have going for him is that he's a relative unknown. Since we don't know that much about him, we don't know any flaws. Not to be too cynical, but I highly doubt he got where he is in American politics by being a Boy Scout. He's in someone's pocket - we just don't know who it is yet.

Maybe the more we learn about him the better he'll look and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. :-/

Why is he in someones pocket?

Thats a pretty bold statement with 0 backing
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:42 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I'm very curious to see how many times we'll hear his opponents or talking heads "accidently" call him Osama, or saying something like "Barack Osboma-Sobmono, Osama...whatever his name is".

I can just see the attack adds....Cue the ominous music.."Osama, Obama, a little to close for comfort don't you think?" "Paid for by so and so....
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Agreed. 35% of the population says that America isn't ready for a woman president, but there are no polls out there asking if America is ready for a black president.

I see the very fact that we would even consider having such polls as problematic. Who cares if a person is female? Who cares what color their skin is? It's irrelevant, but enough people vote based on how someone looks that the questions remain.

As for Obama, the biggest thing he seems to have going for him is that he's a relative unknown. Since we don't know that much about him, we don't know any flaws. Not to be too cynical, but I highly doubt he got where he is in American politics by being a Boy Scout. He's in someone's pocket - we just don't know who it is yet.

Maybe the more we learn about him the better he'll look and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. :-/

Because he's a US Senator.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Well he seems like a class guy to me. And considering he has no background I think thats a bonus. Less mud slinging
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Tupac says we're not ready for a black President. But that was like 10 years ago, so maybe now we are.

:-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Well he seems like a class guy to me. And considering he has no background I think thats a bonus. Less mud slinging

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, I'm saying that--this day and age--ANYONE who attains the office of U.S. Senator is necessarily in someone's pocket. If Obama can somehow completely ignore the desires of the special interest groups and individuals who got him elected and contributed to his campaign, he'd be the first.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:17 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, I'm saying that--this day and age--ANYONE who attains the office of U.S. Senator is necessarily in someone's pocket. If Obama can somehow completely ignore the desires of the special interest groups and individuals who got him elected and contributed to his campaign, he'd be the first.

True..well all of washington is run that way so I guess we are always picking the lesser evil
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk