Where's Obama? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Where's Obama?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where's Obama?

Postby The Big Train » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:04 am

Reminds me of the Fox "error" when they labeled Mark Foley as a Democrat. Human error, or snide political attack by CNN (Clinton News Network)? Apparently the context of the picture and caption in question involved a lead-in to a piece on whether or not the United States can now get back to focusing on finding Osama bin Laden now that Saddam is out of the way.

Source: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/1/1/194523/7128
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 am

hey maybe they're talkin about this dude...
Barack Hussein Obama (born August 4, 1961) is the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois. According to the U.S. Senate Historical Office, he is the fifth African American Senator in U.S. history and the only African American currently serving in the U.S. Senate.[1]

Obama delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention while serving as an Illinois state legislator. In November 2004, he was elected to the United States Senate as a Democrat. Recent opinion polls identify Obama as the second most popular choice among Democratic voters for their party's nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election[2] behind New York's Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:44 am

and to think, he's been in this very country the whole time.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:24 am

Old_Style wrote:and to think, he's been in this very country the whole time.

:-b :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:06 am

It sucks that Obama's biggest obstacle to winning the presidency might be his name. As if being black wasn't enough.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 am

Tavish wrote:It sucks that Obama's biggest obstacle to winning the presidency might be his name. As if being black wasn't enough.

Agreed. 35% of the population says that America isn't ready for a woman president, but there are no polls out there asking if America is ready for a black president. We've been hearing a lot about Obama lately since he's considered running for president; he's seemingly intelligent, charismatic, well-spoken, and doesn't carry any of the political and personal baggage that Hillary does.

Then again, he has no foreign policy experience; but on the flip side, how could America's foreign policy possibly get any worse? I couldn't possibly imagine considering running for president though in a time such as this. Inheriting the war in Iraq is not going to be a good setup for any president of any political party.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in 2007.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 pm

I like Obama alot. Fox is stupid. are you kidding me. The republican party probably bought that headline.

Obama is extremely smart and a very friendly guy. I think he will go far and I'm voting for him if he runs.

Fox news is trash
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:I like Obama alot. Fox is stupid. are you kidding me. The republican party probably bought that headline.

Obama is extremely smart and a very friendly guy. I think he will go far and I'm voting for him if he runs.

Fox news is trash

I'm pretty sure that headline is on CNN, not fox. :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:27 pm

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I like Obama alot. Fox is stupid. are you kidding me. The republican party probably bought that headline.

Fox news is trash

I'm pretty sure that headline is on CNN, not fox. :-D

MMMM foot
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:Agreed. 35% of the population says that America isn't ready for a woman president, but there are no polls out there asking if America is ready for a black president.

I see the very fact that we would even consider having such polls as problematic. Who cares if a person is female? Who cares what color their skin is? It's irrelevant, but enough people vote based on how someone looks that the questions remain.

As for Obama, the biggest thing he seems to have going for him is that he's a relative unknown. Since we don't know that much about him, we don't know any flaws. Not to be too cynical, but I highly doubt he got where he is in American politics by being a Boy Scout. He's in someone's pocket - we just don't know who it is yet.

Maybe the more we learn about him the better he'll look and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. :-/
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk