Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:11 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Do you really think that Manny would have gone to the mound if not for the earlier tensions? He's an idiot but not that much of one. Would Zimmer have gone after Pedro if not for the beaning? No way. Would the bullpen incident have occured if not for the beaning? No way. This was a chain of events and Pedro was the first link.

No, Manny wouldn't have charged, No Zimmer would have gone after him. Who knows if the bullpen incident would have happened. Under this logic, it means that Nelson attacked the groundskeeper in retribution for Pedro (not) hitting Garcia. That's crazy.

I agree that the brawl wouldn't have happened without Pedro's (non) beaning. However, that doesn't mean that the relevant Yankeees aren't at fault. One beaning does not mean Zimm gets off for charging Pedro. That's my point. It's not OK to attack someone after a beaning.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:13 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Do you really think that Manny would have gone to the mound if not for the earlier tensions? He's an idiot but not that much of one. Would Zimmer have gone after Pedro if not for the beaning? No way. Would the bullpen incident have occured if not for the beaning? No way. This was a chain of events and Pedro was the first link.

No, Manny wouldn't have charged, No Zimmer would have gone after him. Who knows if the bullpen incident would have happened. Under this logic, it means that Nelson attacked the groundskeeper in retribution for Pedro (not) hitting Garcia. That's crazy.

I agree that the brawl wouldn't have happened without Pedro's (non) beaning. However, that doesn't mean that the relevant Yankeees aren't at fault. One beaning does not mean Zimm gets off for charging Pedro. That's my point. It's not OK to attack someone after a beaning.

I have never said that everyone else wasn't at fault. They all are. My main point is that Pedro is the one who could have avoided all of the other wrongs by not taking out his frustrations on Garcia.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:08 pm

Lofunzo wrote: My main point is that Pedro is the one who could have avoided all of the other wrongs by not taking out his frustrations on Garcia.

Yet somone else who assumes Pedro did it on purpose. :-/ I was unaware that Pedro is too good to have an off day. :-/

I mean, come on. Pedro gave up 4 runs and his location was horrible. Isn't it possible that the pitch was an accident? Unless you are a mind reader, you cannot answer that question.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:21 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote: My main point is that Pedro is the one who could have avoided all of the other wrongs by not taking out his frustrations on Garcia.

Yet somone else who assumes Pedro did it on purpose. :-/ I was unaware that Pedro is too good to have an off day. :-/

I mean, come on. Pedro gave up 4 runs and his location was horrible. Isn't it possible that the pitch was an accident? Unless you are a mind reader, you cannot answer that question.

And neither can you. Based on the fact that you are dismissing me saying that he did it on purpose, why else would you reply other than to defend it? I will respect your opinion to disagree but this doesn't sit well with me. What did he have? 7 innings with 6 hits allowed, 1 walk, and 6 K's, and 4 ER. Not terrible but not great for Pedro. He didn't have an off day. He had an off inning, got smacked around, and punked out. He wasn't off for the remaining 3 innings after the incident, was he?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:25 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

And neither can you. Based on the fact that you are dismissing me saying that he did it on purpose, why else would you reply other than to defend it. I will respect your opinion to disagree but this doesn't sit well with me. What did he have? 7 innings with 6 hits allowed, 1 walk, and 6 K's, and 4 ER. Not terrible but not great for Pedro. He didn't have an off day. He had an off inning. He wasn't off for the remaining 3 innings after the incident, was he?

I agree that I don't have a clue as to what he was thinking. That's something that I freely admit. You don't see me running around saying that he didn't do it on purpose, do you? I'm simply stating that we don't know. Not a single on of us.

I'm not dismissing you, but you seem adamant that Pedro caused everything, when you don't know for a fact that he did it on purpose. I'm just looking at it objectively. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. We don't know.

Obviously he was not on his game. There's no questioning that part.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:31 pm

I wish that I could find where I saw it but there were some Sox players who apologized to the Yankees for Pedro's actions and said that they don't condone that stuff and it's not their way.
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:34 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I wish that I could find where I saw it but there were some Sox players who apologized to the Yankees for Pedro's actions and said that they don't condone that stuff and it's not their way.

I saw the article. Not one of them could say for sure if he did it on purpose though. Looks like we will never know.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:25 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I wish that I could find where I saw it but there were some Sox players who apologized to the Yankees for Pedro's actions and said that they don't condone that stuff and it's not their way.

I saw the article. Not one of them could say for sure if he did it on purpose though. Looks like we will never know.

We can agree to disagree. IMHO, the natural reaction of the ball from a right-handed pitcher would be to lose it high and tight to a righty batter. That's why I didn't really cry when he hit Soriano and Jeter back to back earlier in the season. To have him come across his body (which he needs to to go inside to a lefty) and lose it that much inside to a lefty batter doesn't sit right with me.
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:58 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

We can agree to disagree. IMHO, the natural reaction of the ball from a right-handed pitcher would be to lose it high and tight to a righty batter. That's why I didn't really cry when he hit Soriano and Jeter back to back earlier in the season. To have him come across his body (which he needs to to go inside to a lefty) and lose it that much inside to a lefty batter doesn't sit right with me.

No problelm :-) . I honestly don't know if he did it on purpose or not, just pointing out that it could have been an accident. There's more than enough evidence to support the possibility. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby DK » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:07 pm

all i know is, it happened, and the past is the past. let's move on.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers