Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:48 pm

DK wrote:
Madison wrote:
DK wrote:
Madison wrote:Yeah, "honest" opinion doesn't make sense. My honest opinion could have been filled with profanity.

Lol! :-D

you should make that, "would have been filled with profanity. :-D

Nah, I'm pretty unbiased on the two teams. Had the Rangers been involved.............. :-D

yup, like me and the mets and/or john rocker. :-D

Now there is a class act ... Rocker .. Talk about Karma kicking someone ..He got what he deserves... a loss of "Talent"
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1151)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:50 pm

agreed. i couldn't stop laughing when i heard his ERA last year was 6.66. isn't that wonderful? :-B
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:51 pm

wrveres wrote:Now there is a class act ... Rocker .. Talk about Karma kicking someone ..He got what he deserves... a loss of "Talent"

Maybe Gagne is actually an alien and stole Rocker's talent 8-o . Like the aliens did in "Space Jam". :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:53 pm

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:Now there is a class act ... Rocker .. Talk about Karma kicking someone ..He got what he deserves... a loss of "Talent"

Maybe Gagne is actually an alien and stole Rocker's talent 8-o . Like the aliens did in "Space Jam". :-D

"touch the baseball john...it'll all come back..."

"shut up, you f*g!"

:-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What?

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:14 am

America4Americans wrote:Wow. After the incident on Saturday, I could have sworn people would finally side with the Yankees. Instead, there's all sorts of spin-doctors out there blaming them for EVERYTHING on Saturday. I guess, I was too optimistic. I didn't realize there was such a mass hatred towards them. I would have thought something like this could have turned some people. I've noticed some on other boards, but certainly not here.

What happened that would support siding for NY? Was it Nelson and Garcia caught on film punching a Boston employee, while he was down btw? Or was it a out of control coach attacking a player?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:54 am

Or was it the unnecessarily hard slide into second? Really, to me, the Yankees only complaint is that Pedro threw at Garcia. The difference between that and the three things the Yankees did? The Yankees did theirs on purpose. Maybe Pedro did, maybe he didn't. But the things the Yankees did aren't even up for debate. They were intentional.

Really. Cleat marks in the groundskeepers back. It's classless.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Is This Board Filled With Yankee Haters Or What?

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:58 am

HOOTIE wrote:
America4Americans wrote:Wow. After the incident on Saturday, I could have sworn people would finally side with the Yankees. Instead, there's all sorts of spin-doctors out there blaming them for EVERYTHING on Saturday. I guess, I was too optimistic. I didn't realize there was such a mass hatred towards them. I would have thought something like this could have turned some people. I've noticed some on other boards, but certainly not here.

What happened that would support siding for NY? Was it Nelson and Garcia caught on film punching a Boston employee, while he was down btw? Or was it a out of control coach attacking a player?

Got to side with you there Hootie. There's was nothing in that game to be proud of --as a Yankee or Sox fan. From Pedro to Garcia to Manny to Zimm to Nelson. Sad day.

(Nice signature, by the way. He's the MVP of the Sox, in my opinion, just not of the league.)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:25 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Or was it the unnecessarily hard slide into second? Really, to me, the Yankees only complaint is that Pedro threw at Garcia. The difference between that and the three things the Yankees did? The Yankees did theirs on purpose. Maybe Pedro did, maybe he didn't. But the things the Yankees did aren't even up for debate. They were intentional.

Spoken like a true, unbiased fan.

I think that both of the teams were so out of line but for you to say that "the Yankees only complaint is that Pedro threw at Garcia" is minimizing it. If not for that action, the rest would not have occured. What Pedro did was start this terrible chain of events.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:58 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Or was it the unnecessarily hard slide into second? Really, to me, the Yankees only complaint is that Pedro threw at Garcia. The difference between that and the three things the Yankees did? The Yankees did theirs on purpose. Maybe Pedro did, maybe he didn't. But the things the Yankees did aren't even up for debate. They were intentional.

I think that both of the teams were so out of line but for you to say that "the Yankees only complaint is that Pedro threw at Garcia" is minimizing it. If not for that action, the rest would not have occured. What Pedro did was start this terrible chain of events.

Right. Had Pedro not thrown at Garcia--if that was what happened--Nelson would not have assaulted the groundskeeper. Man, your logic is horrible.

And, leaving out that incident, are you really going to tell me that three wrongs--Pedro's pitch, and the Yankees following up with Garcia's slide and Zimm's attack--make a right?

So if you kill my mother, and I respond by killing yours, it's your fault that your mother is dead?

Have you heard of this little ol' thing called personal responsibility? Uggh, this is making me sick.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:08 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Right. Had Pedro not thrown at Garcia--if that was what happened--Nelson would not have assaulted the groundskeeper. Man, your logic is horrible.

And, leaving out that incident, are you really going to tell me that three wrongs--Pedro's pitch, and the Yankees following up with Garcia's slide and Zimm's attack--make a right?

So if you kill my mother, and I respond by killing yours, it's your fault that your mother is dead?

Have you heard of this little ol' thing called personal responsibility? Uggh, this is making me sick.

Dude. I agreed with many of your posts until today. 3 wrongs don't make a right and 3 rights make a left. How is it impossible for you to see that there would have been no Manny, Zim, and bullpen incident if not for the beaning? Comparing this to murder is just stupid.

Do you really think that Manny would have gone to the mound if not for the earlier tensions? He's an idiot but not that much of one. Would Zimmer have gone after Pedro if not for the beaning? No way. Would the bullpen incident have occured if not for the beaning? No way. This was a chain of events and Pedro was the first link.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers