Red Sox/ Yankees fines - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox/ Yankees fines

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Red Sox/ Yankees fines

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:55 pm

http://www.sunspot.net/sports/baseball/bal-fines12,0,2718063.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball

I can understand the Martinez and Ramirez fines, but Zimmer only getting fined $5,000?!!!! Thats a disgrace and shows just how screwed up baseball is. I coach throwing a punch at a player should not only be thrown out of the game (the single game, not baseball), but severely fined.

The statement made by the New York Mayor is so ignorant that I feel bad for the man. I guess that if a 250+ man was running at him, he would stop, think, understand that this was an old man, and simply move out of the way and catch him so that this poor soul wouldn't fall to the ground. If only all of us could be as calm under pressure.

The part of I love is when he says, "you just can not assault people, even if its on a baseball field." WHAT THE HELL DOES HE THINK ZIMMER WAS DOING!?
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Red Sox/ Yankees fines

Postby DK » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:57 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:http://www.sunspot.net/sports/baseball/bal-fines12,0,2718063.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball

I can understand the Martinez and Ramirez fines, but Zimmer only getting fined $5,000?!!!! Thats a disgrace and shows just how screwed up baseball is. I coach throwing a punch at a player should not only be thrown out of the game (the single game, not baseball), but severely fined.

The statement made by the New York Mayor is so ignorant that I feel bad for the man. I guess that if a 250+ man was running at him, he would stop, think, understand that this was an old man, and simply move out of the way and catch him so that this poor soul wouldn't fall to the ground. If only all of us could be as calm under pressure.

The part of I love is when he says, "you just can not assault people, even if its on a baseball field." WHAT THE HELL DOES HE THINK ZIMMER WAS DOING!?

It's so disgraceful it's almost laughable. zimmer got away with bloody murder. :-t :,-(
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:58 pm

Well, to me it depends on how much Zimmer was making at the time. I'd be interested to see what percentage of their salaries each fine is - that would make more sense. Of course Zimmer should be fined the most, but as a coach I doubt that he's making millions.

Really, if he were making that much money wouldn't he try to get some plastic surgery? The guy looks like a mole-person.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:44 am

I still believe that all fines in sports should be a percentage of the player's/manager's salary. Start fresh each year and escalate the percentage each time a player or manager is fined.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:57 am

Madison wrote:I still believe that all fines in sports should be a percentage of the player's/manager's salary. Start fresh each year and escalate the percentage each time a player or manager is fined.

agreed .... But why start fresh each year .... If it was cummaltive, then older players would truly be wiser about there actions..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:08 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:I still believe that all fines in sports should be a percentage of the player's/manager's salary. Start fresh each year and escalate the percentage each time a player or manager is fined.

agreed .... But why start fresh each year .... If it was cummaltive, then older players would truly be wiser about there actions..

Because if I was setting the fines, some players would end up playing for free if it didn't start over each year. Their entire salary would end up donated to charity year after year. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:14 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Because if I was setting the fines, some players would end up playing for free if it didn't start over each year. Their entire salary would end up donated to charity year after year. 8-o

Baseball needs an ethics commitee to help in the fines too. I think the "Blue Ribbon Panel" is available ... what are they doing?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ramble2 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:26 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:Baseball needs an ethics commitee to help in the fines too. I think the "Blue Ribbon Panel" is available ... what are they doing?

Buying MLB teams ...
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:29 am

ramble2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:Baseball needs an ethics commitee to help in the fines too. I think the "Blue Ribbon Panel" is available ... what are they doing?

Buying MLB teams ...

yeah youre right.... i forgot ... I think they got three of them now...
MIL, MON, FLA ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DK » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:08 am

Agreed. what would be a good percentage?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers