WHATS WITH THE IDIOTS DEFENDING PEDRO?!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WHATS WITH THE IDIOTS DEFENDING PEDRO?!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:48 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:To me, Pedros fine should be maybe 1/4 or less of whatever fine Clemens got in 2000. And it should also be less than the fine that Jeff Nelson gets.

Who's handing out these fines, anyway?

probably selig...and you know how much selig wants to please steinbrenner. he's a dog on a leash, and needs to be fired.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby catcher-03 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:01 pm

fyi i think clemens slipped by without a fine, and did u here that nelson and garcia are the ones who instigated the fight with the grounds crew guy.
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby America4Americans » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:49 pm

fyi i think clemens slipped by without a fine, and did u here that nelson and garcia are the ones who instigated the fight with the grounds crew guy.

Why are people commenting on something that no one really knows about right now? It seems you guys would love to think Nelson and Garcia just attacked the fans. Let's not rush to judgement, ok? Just because you guys are Yankee haters shouldn't be you can't be objective.
America4Americans
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:18 pm

catcher-03 wrote:fyi i think clemens slipped by without a fine, and did u here that nelson and garcia are the ones who instigated the fight with the grounds crew guy.

I don't see why Clemens should get a fine. Zim and Pedro's fines should be the highest.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby DK » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
catcher-03 wrote:fyi i think clemens slipped by without a fine, and did u here that nelson and garcia are the ones who instigated the fight with the grounds crew guy.

I don't see why Clemens should get a fine. Zim and Pedro's fines should be the highest.

Zim's should be higher than pedro's.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PresHabib » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:31 am

catcher-03 wrote:ok how bout this theory which is the one im going by. there was a guy on second and third when the pitch hit garcia. that loads the bases, which isnt a smart thing to do in a playoff game is it? if u watch the speed of the pitch to me it looked like a changeup, that pedro let get away. then when pedro was yelling in the dugout and pointing to his head i think he was saying,"if i was going to hit u in the head i wouldve", so to me i think this whole thing shouldnt have started.next if u watch the replay of garcia going into second you can clearly see he was no where near the bag and was purpously trying to injure todd walker. the next inning uve got to expect to be hit by roger clemens and that was what manny ramirez was doing if u watch the replay, he was expecing to be hit because he starts lunging out of the box during each pitch, so when one gets in the area of where hes expecting it he reacts. don zimmer was sooooooo out of line when he went after pedro and i thought his appoligy was very meaningful and that he knows he shouldnt of done that. it surprises me though that pedro got the heftiest fine out of everyone. and who is this guest, tim mcgarver?

Haha, I think I love this post.

Damn right Garcia was trying to hurt Todd Walker...theres such thing as a take out slide, but that...to hell with that, that was just dirty.

Excellent point that that was a changeup that just squirted away. My feeling originally was that it was a pitch intended to knock down Garcia (a.k.a. mini giambi) but not hit him.

OF COURSE Manny was expecting to get hit. We all know that pitch wasn't inside and Manny should have controlled himself better, but if you're thinkin you're gonna get beaned, well, you're a little on edge.

Yes, Zimmer was out of line, no question...i think pedro COULD have solved the situation without throwing, but I will in no way fault him for what he did because honestly, whos thinking to themselves "better be gentle, hes old" if someone is throwing a punch at you...Zim DID go all the way across the field and around the pack to find Pedro ya know.

And the Tim McCarver thing, HILARIOUS. He's so ridiculously pro yankees/anti red sox its insane. Remember when Wakefield started in New York a few weeks ago and retired the first 11 or 12 batters in a row and Timmy Mac goes "Wow, Wakefield has a perfect game goin here", going against baseballs unwritten laws (i.e. the law of superstition) just to be annoying. He was a player, he should know better...god I hate Tim McCarver. (maybe thats a little biased opinion, but its MY biased opinion damnit :-b )The only other person that guest could have been is Harold Reynolds who, though i think hes awesome, is also always brown nosin the yanks.

Excellent post, I agree with you whole heartedly.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby trevisc » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:41 am

you know with pedro you either hate him or you love him. I actually enjoy watching him pitch and I personally like it when he beans someone who is camping on the plate. That's why they make those plastic helmets.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:43 am

DK wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

What is the deal with Zim only getting a $5000 fine. Is that because he doesn't make as much as the players? It seems ludicrous that a coach attacked the starting pitcher for the opposing team and he doesn't get thrown out of the game or suspended. He gets a $5000 fine, that's it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby mightyian5 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:58 am

whered that guest go anyways? after you guys starting throwing all the facts in his yankee-loving face, he went into hiding.
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:44 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
DK wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

What is the deal with Zim only getting a $5000 fine. Is that because he doesn't make as much as the players? It seems ludicrous that a coach attacked the starting pitcher for the opposing team and he doesn't get thrown out of the game or suspended. He gets a $5000 fine, that's it.

I thought this as well. Selig was quoted as saying they hold managers and coaches to a higher standard. If that's the case, then Zimm should have been fined a lot more. He was like a raging bull:

rtsp://necn.mirror-image.com/media/vide ... dro_12p.rm

(just so everyone sees this)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers