Liddel/Ortiz 2 Video - No spoilers please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Liddel/Ortiz 2 Video - No spoilers please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 pm

I hope so. I mean having all the top fighters in one promotion can only mean better fights and more entertaining PPV's.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Amazinz wrote:A couple of days ago a rumor broke on the Underground that Zuffa (UFC) had just finalized purchase of DSE (PRIDE). Well over the last two days it has really started to pick up steam with some of the more respected MMA media outlets beginning to back the story. Also, as an indication, the UFC is now showing PRIDE footage in their Cro Cop promos! Nothing official yet but we may be days away from the biggest happening in MMA history. :-L

8-o
Amazinz wrote:Another FYI...

Couture is coming out of retirement. The announcement and fight details will be officially made on Inside the UFC on Thursday night. Speculation is that the fight is against Sylvia.

8-o

Sweet! Thanks for the notice B-)
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:23 am

Not the greatest event but if anyone is interested Cro Cop's debut and almost every other UFC 67 is free on Croatian web (legally). It's not in English but so what, it's a fight. }:-)

http://dnevnik.hr/naslovnica/vijesti/sp ... _30511.php
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:A couple of days ago a rumor broke on the Underground that Zuffa (UFC) had just finalized purchase of DSE (PRIDE). Well over the last two days it has really started to pick up steam with some of the more respected MMA media outlets beginning to back the story. Also, as an indication, the UFC is now showing PRIDE footage in their Cro Cop promos! Nothing official yet but we may be days away from the biggest happening in MMA history. :-L

I've been hearing this rumor too. Still no official word yet, though. If this happens, I wonder if they would go to one singluar format? (ie, ring type, round length, scoring system, fight rules etc)

I think it might be cool if they kept both leagues separate, but once a year had a championship that put Pride's opponents up against UFC's and which ever country hosted the event would determine which rules were used. :-?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:23 pm

My guess is that that is the way it will play out if it happens: ring in Asia and Eastern Europe, cage in Western Europe and the Americas. And Cro Cop has already talked about taking the UFC belt to Shockwave '08 to fight Fedor. When asked about it, Dana didn't confirm or deny (possibly because Mirko doesn't have the belt yet)... he just kind of grinned evily. ;-)

For what it's worth, Sakakibara was at the UFC event the other night.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk