Liddel/Ortiz 2 Video - No spoilers please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Liddel/Ortiz 2 Video - No spoilers please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:MacDonald isn't fighting, Patrick Cote is on the card and I don't want to mention him.

I know he is not fighting next event. I just meant, I was surprised you weren't talking him up a bit since he's Canadian and all. And yeah I enjoyed his victory. He made a fan of me with his "upset" victory over Herman. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Liddel/Ortiz 2 Video - No spoilers please

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:17 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Fight shouldn't have been stopped...

Agreed 10x. I was quite upset, but I know that ref always calls them early. Big John should of had that fight.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:20 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Wow. I am glad I did not waste my money watching that last night. It was a very boring match.

The first two fights were good. The third was interesting enough, does anyone know why that fight was briefly stopped due to the kick to the face? It seemed fine to me, the receiver didn't care and he wanted to continue from that position.

What do you guys think of Michael Bisping. Other than his conditioning, which might be the easiest to improve, he seems to have the complete package.

Keith Jardine has really improved as well.

Who will challenge Liddel next?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:The third was interesting enough, does anyone know why that fight was briefly stopped due to the kick to the face?

Arlovski's fight? In Nevada it's against the rules to kick a downed opponent. That's why PRIDE had to change up their rules when they came over here.

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:What do you guys think of Michael Bisping. Other than his conditioning, which might be the easiest to improve, he seems to have the complete package.

Bisping is legit IMO too. When that season of TUF started I downloaded a lot of his fights from Cage Rage and other UK promtions and he does seem to have it all. Won't know for sure until he starts fighting A-level guys though.

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Who will challenge Liddel next?

I think it'll be Rampage, maybe in April at the UK show.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:The third was interesting enough, does anyone know why that fight was briefly stopped due to the kick to the face?

Arlovski's fight? In Nevada it's against the rules to kick a downed opponent. That's why PRIDE had to change up their rules when they came over here.

It seemed weird. Both guys were on the ground and could have kicked each other. I didn't like the call, but I am a big UFC 1-5ish fan.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:49 pm

I agree. I'd like them to legalize soccer kicks, ground kicks, knees to the head like they have in PRIDE but that was one of the concessions made during Senator McCain's war on the UFC. :-/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:26 am

Amazinz wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Who will challenge Liddel next?

I think it'll be Rampage, maybe in April at the UK show.

I believe a certain person lost that he was supposed to be the next fight for Liddel, but with his loss, I'm pretty sure he's on break until Rampage wins.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 pm

GSP out for UFC 67. :-t

UFC.com wrote:UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from February 3rd’s UFC 67 card due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. The rest of the card, which includes the UFC Middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Travis Lutter, as well as the UFC debuts of Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, remains intact. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more information as it becomes available.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 pm

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VID LINK THAT WORKS FOR THIS FIGHT?

Sorry I really want to see it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Yoda wrote:DOES ANYONE HAVE A VID LINK THAT WORKS FOR THIS FIGHT?

Sorry I really want to see it.

You may need to find it through other means :-D
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk