I'm baaaaack - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm baaaaack

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:I'm back too; been in Florida the past week visiting the folks. I squeezed in a few posts, but haven't caught up so that's what I'll be doing tonight while enjoying a few cold ones.

The 1100 mile drive to and from Florida flew by; word of caution though... avoid Interstate 95 any time you can, especially around the Washington/Baltimore area!

Damn you beltway!

Tell me about it. When I was in DC driving up the Beltway to Maryland, it's just clogged from Alexandria until after crossing the Potomac (but lightens up once past there and into MD) and this happened twice while I was there. I think it was either due to construction and another time because of a Redskins exhibition game, but then again, why would there be a huge pile-up of cars at 10 am for a game with a start time of 7 pm? So, I'm guessing it's either cause or just because the Beltway is naturally crammed.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:28 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'm back too; been in Florida the past week visiting the folks. I squeezed in a few posts, but haven't caught up so that's what I'll be doing tonight while enjoying a few cold ones.

The 1100 mile drive to and from Florida flew by; word of caution though... avoid Interstate 95 any time you can, especially around the Washington/Baltimore area!

Damn you beltway!

Tell me about it. When I was in DC driving up the Beltway to Maryland, it's just clogged from Alexandria until after crossing the Potomac (but lightens up once past there and into MD) and this happened twice while I was there. I think it was either due to construction and another time because of a Redskins exhibition game, but then again, why would there be a huge pile-up of cars at 10 am for a game with a start time of 7 pm? So, I'm guessing it's either cause or just because the Beltway is naturally crammed.

Traffic was at a crawl from when I got on 495 (the beltway), onto 95 and nearly all the way to Fredericksburg. That was last Friday so holiday traffic was crazy anyway I guess. I took 77 on the way back though the Carolina's and 81 the rest of the way... smoooooth sailing.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:44 pm

I sat in terrible traffic around DC at around 10 P.M. recently when I drove down to SC. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I sat in terrible traffic around DC at around 10 P.M. recently when I drove down to SC. :-t

The beltway's the only place you'll sit in traffic at midnight...
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 pm

Who's Vida? :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:12 pm

who's vida you ask??? :-?

shes a model thats on spanish tv and sorta just does random modeling stuff now...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:43 pm

Yup. Nina Hartley butt with butterface.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk