Just Bought an LCD TV YEAAA!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Just Bought an LCD TV YEAAA!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:It's funny you say that - I just bought a 60" TV off of E-Bay for a mere 50 dollars...but it is in my bedroom, and takes up one whole wall. Definitely overkill. :-b

50 bucks!!? What's wrong with it? 8-o

Nothing...it's hard to sell TV's on E-Bay because the shipping costs are ludicrous. Luckily, this TV was located 3 miles away. The TV is 8 years old, but works fine....

Nice dude!! yea if you search ebay for "Local Pickup Only" You can find some great stuff ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:34 am

Mugrila wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I thought you were sweating your college payments?

But they're nowhere near as fun as an expensive TV.

reminds me of when my now wife was pressuring me to get her an engagement ring and i told her i couldnt afford it but went and bought a big screen ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:45 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Mugrila wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I thought you were sweating your college payments?

But they're nowhere near as fun as an expensive TV.

reminds me of when my now wife was pressuring me to get her an engagement ring and i told her i couldnt afford it but went and bought a big screen ;-D

Thats awesome!!!

I hope the box this thing comes in can fit in my pink jeep
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:40 pm

I have a Sony LCD projection TV and very happy with it. We got it about 3 years ago and the picture quality is still up there with anything in the market today.

It's thicker than a flat panel LCD/plasma but I can replace the lamp and the color wheel for like $200 and it will probably last at least 15 years.

LCD is the way to go though. Plasmas do not last a long time and the burn in issues, etc so I don't know why people would buy those over an LCD TV.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Yoda wrote:I have a Sony LCD projection TV and very happy with it. We got it about 3 years ago and the picture quality is still up there with anything in the market today.

It's thicker than a flat panel LCD/plasma but I can replace the lamp and the color wheel for like $200 and it will probably last at least 15 years.

LCD is the way to go though. Plasmas do not last a long time and the burn in issues, etc so I don't know why people would buy those over an LCD TV.

Plasmas blow up in Altitude over 7000 feet.

Denver is only 5280 but still not recommended
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:I have a Sony LCD projection TV and very happy with it. We got it about 3 years ago and the picture quality is still up there with anything in the market today.

Seriously? LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Seriously? LOL

they dont explode...or at least they shouldnt. they have gas in between glass panels so changes in altitude/pressure affects performance. NEC was working on a high altitude plasma a few years back but i didnt really keep up on the issue since i am at low altitude.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:15 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Seriously? LOL

they dont explode...or at least they shouldnt. they have gas in between glass panels so changes in altitude/pressure affects performance. NEC was working on a high altitude plasma a few years back but i didnt really keep up on the issue since i am at low altitude.

They overheat I think...Anyways I'm not such a techy that I need the most Contrast ratio available
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Just got an email from newegg advertising a 32" LCD for $599? Is that a good price. I don't think it's a major name brand, but that seems relatively cheap.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:45 pm

ironman wrote:Just got an email from newegg advertising a 32" LCD for $599? Is that a good price. I don't think it's a major name brand, but that seems relatively cheap.

Yea check the reviews though...

You can get a 37 for 799...

keep up to date on newegg and you will find good deals every day
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk