Just Bought an LCD TV YEAAA!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Just Bought an LCD TV YEAAA!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 am

Nice. ;-D

My wife won a 27 inch LCD Widescreen HDTV at one of her office Christmas parties. Not a bad little TV, and even better since it was free. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:11 am

HiddenIdentity wrote:I had a question about LCD's. I generally like to keep my TV on for the majority of the day, even if im not watching it, would an LCD go out too quickly if I did that?

manufacturers claim they last around 60,000 hours. you can help extend the life by turning the contrast down a little bit. name brands supposedly are a little more durable. if the lamp is replaceable they will theoretically last forever. i am not sure if the lcd flat panels have replaceable bulbs. the rear projection/dlp sets have replaceable bulbs, but i dont think i'd want to get a rear projection set.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:43 am

RyanK wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I thought you were sweating your college payments?

eh my friend sdad is pretty broke and always buys expensive electronics, remember they ahd ever video game system possible and always got them right when the ycame out. they had a pretty big tv too...

now my friend sells drugs and i dunno where his dad lives but his wife divorced him

My uncle's job might be in jeopardy and he's not very well off yet he invited me and my dad to his house for the NFL playoffs because he just bought a 40 inch HDTV. :*) Oh well, his problem not mine.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:53 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
RyanK wrote:

eh my friend sdad is pretty broke and always buys expensive electronics, remember they ahd ever video game system possible and always got them right when the ycame out. they had a pretty big tv too...

now my friend sells drugs and i dunno where his dad lives but his wife divorced him

My uncle's job might be in jeopardy and he's not very well off yet he invited me and my dad to his house for the NFL playoffs because he just bought a 40 inch HDTV. :*) Oh well, his problem not mine.

I had a buddy like that. Living in a dump of an apartment with a car that barely ran, but wouldn't you know it, he's got a 60" bigscreen that can barely even fit in his livingroom. It's ridiculous too, because the place was so small you're like right up to the screen. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:20 pm

Madison wrote:Nice. ;-D

My wife won a 27 inch LCD Widescreen HDTV at one of her office Christmas parties. Not a bad little TV, and even better since it was free. :-)

Nice, sounds like a pretty good job. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:10 pm

Can I come over?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
RyanK wrote:

I had a buddy like that. Living in a dump of an apartment with a car that barely ran, but wouldn't you know it, he's got a 60" bigscreen that can barely even fit in his livingroom. It's ridiculous too, because the place was so small you're like right up to the screen. :-b

It's funny you say that - I just bought a 60" TV off of E-Bay for a mere 50 dollars...but it is in my bedroom, and takes up one whole wall. Definitely overkill. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:42 pm

pokerplaya wrote:It's funny you say that - I just bought a 60" TV off of E-Bay for a mere 50 dollars...but it is in my bedroom, and takes up one whole wall. Definitely overkill. :-b

50 bucks!!? What's wrong with it? 8-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:It's funny you say that - I just bought a 60" TV off of E-Bay for a mere 50 dollars...but it is in my bedroom, and takes up one whole wall. Definitely overkill. :-b

Probably haunted
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Nothing...it's hard to sell TV's on E-Bay because the shipping costs are ludicrous. Luckily, this TV was located 3 miles away. The TV is 8 years old, but works fine....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk