FULL Auction/Keeper League w/ Minors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

FULL Auction/Keeper League w/ Minors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FULL Auction/Keeper League w/ Minors

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:18 pm

The goal of this league will be to get 12 smart and dedicated owners who will play year after year. The league will be held on a MessageBoard/Yahoo (so it will be a slow-auction).

If you are interested my email is mailto:CheeseBeger@hotmail.com or you can post below/PM me and I will send you a link to the message board.

Also my AIM: CheeseBeger

CONSTITUTION
2007 BLEACHER SEAT KEEPER LEAGUE

12 Team League
Head-to-Head
5X5 (R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB) (W, S, ERA, WHIP, SO)
Position Eligibility: Yahoo! Rules

26 Players on roster
5 Minor Leaguers on farm team

STARTERS:
- 1 Catcher
- 1 First Baseman
- 1 Second Baseman
- 1 Third Baseman
- 1 Shortstop
- 1 CI
- 1 MI
- 4 Outfielders
- 1 Utility
- 3 SP
- 3 RP
- 3 P
-Bench: 5 players

AUCTION
The Auction: Your team has a $260 budget to purchase your 26 players. At least $1 must be spent on each of the 26 players. Each owner must conclude the auction with a full roster of 26 players conforming to the roster requirements set out above.

Player Eligibility: Players may be purchased in the auction from Major and Minor League teams. Japanese players with MLB contracts are allowed to be taken in the auction. Minor leaguers purchased during the auction will be treated as Major Leaguers, and must fill a roster spot.

Trades During Auction: You may not trade your auction dollars during the draft, but you may trade already drafted players. Minor League draft picks may be traded.

IN SEASON
During the season there is no salary cap. This is to promote trading and allow teams to build up for championship runs, or to go into rebuilding mode.

KEEPERS
Each year you may keep up to 7 players, but any player kept must get a $4 raise over his current salary. Players who were added as Free Agents prior to the trading deadline may be kept the next year for a salary of $10. The date to declare your keepers will be announced later.

FARM SYSTEM:
The Farm: You may hold up to 5 players in your farm system at any time. Players in your farm system may be kept as long as you want for free and do not have a dollar value.

Farm Team Transactions: Players can be brought up to your major league roster at any time during the season and will gain a salary of $1. Once promoted, your minor leaguer may never return to a farm system. To bring a player up, roster space must be created.
You may release minor leaguers at any time without penalty, but the only way to acquire new minor leaguers is through the yearly minor league draft or through trades.

MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT
Players Eligible: A minor league draft will be held every year during the offseason. Players eligible for the minor league draft are players who still have MLB rookie status (less than 130 at-bats or 50 innings). Japanese players with contracts with an MLB team may be drafted.

First Year: The first minor draft will commence at the end of the auction. The minor league draft will be done in snake format following the auction. The first year order will be random.

Future Years: Future drafts will take place during the off-season and before the auction. The draft will be in reverse order of standings (12th place gets first pick) and not in snake draft format. Up to five rounds will be held, to enable a team to completely replenish their farm system if they wish.

FREE AGENTS
Players Eligible: Free agents are players who are currently on a major league roster. Minor Leaguers cannot be acquired through free agency. There is a maximum of two free agent pickups allowed per week. Players may be picked up at a first come first served basis. Rosters shall be frozen after the league playoffs, and may not be changed by any method other than a trade.

Keeping Free Agents: Players picked up after the trade deadline (August 20th) will NOT be available as a keeper. Players who are released keep the same salary for the remainder of the year and cannot be picked up again by the team who released that player. Players picked up before the trade deadline may be kept for the next year at a salary of $10. If the free agent was released earlier during the year and you pick him up, that player may be kept for their original salary plus $4.

TRADES
Auction Trades: You may not trade your auction dollars during the draft, but you may trade already drafted players. Minor League draft picks may be traded.

Season Trades: In-season trades must result in balanced rosters for all participating
teams. If a trade is unbalanced, releasing/adding of a player must be stated at the time of the trade. The Trading Deadline is August 20, 2006. Rosters shall be frozen after the league playoffs, and may not be changed by any method other than a trade.

Offseason Trades: Trades shall be allowed during the offseason following the conclusion of the MLB World Series up until the date which keepers are due. No balancing of rosters is required for offseason trades.

Questionable trades will be decided by the commissioner, but protests about trades will be considered. The commissioner may also change the rules as deemed necessary, and is always open to opinions on rule-changes.
Last edited by CheeseBeger on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:29 pm

I would be interested:

secretagentman_2006#at#yahoo.com

replace the #at# with @ (I hate spammers).
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby CheeseBeger » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:29 pm

8 spots left
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby zz » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:34 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:8 spots left
i think if u lost some roster guys (CI, OF) and add like HOLDs to make a 6x6, id want to join
zz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rtcrules » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm interested
rtcrules
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Wolfpackman » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:54 pm

I am definitely interested, if there's still space left.

mailto:nicholasjthomas@gmail.com
Wolfpackman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:56 am

I would definately be down for a league like this.

My email is mailto:Bullucklb53@yahoo.com

Thanks
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby CasEjonz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:41 am

I would be interest as well. PM me and let me know when the draft is scheduled for.
CasEjonz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mav 1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:07 pm

I'm interested as well.

mailto:cjg_sf@yahoo.com
Mav 1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:41 am

The draft will be a slow-messageboard draft and will commence shortly after the league is full. There are a few spots left, contact me to join.

There are two spots left!
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Classifieds