What the hell is Don Zimmer doing attacking Pedro? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What the hell is Don Zimmer doing attacking Pedro?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:56 pm

This comment made so much sense I thought I'd repeat it:

"I don't care what age someone is, if they throw a punch at you, you defend yourself. Zimmer should be suspended indefinitly from baseball. Coaches should NEVER hit a player."

No, they shouldn't. Zimmer needs to grow up.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:05 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:This comment made so much sense I thought I'd repeat it:

"I don't care what age someone is, if they throw a punch at you, you defend yourself. Zimmer should be suspended indefinitly from baseball. Coaches should NEVER hit a player."

No, they shouldn't. Zimmer needs to grow up.


I think Pedro did the right thing. Look at it from Pedro's point of view. Zimmer is a pretty big guy(lard ass). What if they tangled and and went down with Zimmer landing on top of him? What if something was torn or broken? The Red Sox would be screwed without Pedro.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jivedude » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:06 pm

Oops thought I was logged in when I posted that.
Image
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:49 am

Unfortunately, I was unable to see today's game. I'll comment after seeing Sportscenter. This must have been wild (and not in a good way).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:07 am

jdh wrote:Pedro only goes after old men because he's too much of a wimp to fight people his own age. Why he is being allowed to stay in the game is beyond me; he should be ejected and suspended for at least the rest of the playoffs.



Pdero went after a old man? Better check the highlights again, Pedro was just standing there and Zim charged him.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Jivedude » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:47 am

Image
Image
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:52 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:This comment made so much sense I thought I'd repeat it:

"I don't care what age someone is, if they throw a punch at you, you defend yourself. Zimmer should be suspended indefinitly from baseball. Coaches should NEVER hit a player."

No, they shouldn't. Zimmer needs to grow up.


does that mean that it is ok for a player to hit a player then? is that what you are saying? No.. then it must only be ok to throw at someones head...

so the rules should look somethiong like this ...

Coach hitting player .. "lifetime ban" ...
Player hitting player .. "2-3 game suspension" ..
Player aiming at you head with a solid object 90+ MPH .... and hitting him I remind you..."Here's the ball back"

imagine if real life operated with your rules .....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:43 am

HOOTIE wrote:
jdh wrote:Pedro only goes after old men because he's too much of a wimp to fight people his own age. Why he is being allowed to stay in the game is beyond me; he should be ejected and suspended for at least the rest of the playoffs.



Pdero went after a old man? Better check the highlights again, Pedro was just standing there and Zim charged him.


Agreed.

thanks for the picture jive.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby blankman » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:28 am

wrveres wrote:does that mean that it is ok for a player to hit a player then? is that what you are saying? No.. then it must only be ok to throw at someones head...

so the rules should look somethiong like this ...

Coach hitting player .. "lifetime ban" ...
Player hitting player .. "2-3 game suspension" ..
Player aiming at you head with a solid object 90+ MPH .... and hitting him I remind you..."Here's the ball back"

imagine if real life operated with your rules .....


My sentiments exactly ;-D

I don't think many are uspset about the Pedro/Zimmer incident since both were wrong, but I think some people need to rethink about the implications of Pedro's beaning of Garcia in the head and how terribly wrong that was and how that started all of the chaos.

As for Clemens, he's had his fair of bad moments too- inexcusable things he's done, but I have to think he treats the game with more class- no claseless motioning of people back to the dugout (Pedro to Posada), drawing out the strike zone to the umpire, pointing toward his head in the way he did, and purposely hitting a guy in the head and many fewer negative and uneccessary comments towards other people, at least in recent history.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shitney™ » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:46 am

all of this adds up to one more reason to cheer for the cubbies..

it's too bad New York and Boston have to ruin baseball for the rest of us..
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 666
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sky Sox Front Office

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact