2007 Breakout Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2007 Breakout Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pacost » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:35 pm

I like Will Inman of the Brewers. Great stuff, explosiveness; needs to develop a bit more before he is ready. This year could be t he year!!
pacost
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KDOGG » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:58 pm

Dellin Betances... Mark my words.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:51 pm

pacost wrote:I like Will Inman of the Brewers. Great stuff, explosiveness; needs to develop a bit more before he is ready. This year could be t he year!!

I agree. This guy is nasty
Member #4 Of "The Official Zack Greinke Fan Club"
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby rmande09 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:15 pm

KDOGG wrote:Dellin Betances... Mark my words.

Now that's a breakout pick right there. I like him, too. Great pitcher's frame, but he could afford to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle. He definitely projects to add a few MPH to his fastball, as well. With a strong performance in 2007 at A/A+, I could see him moving up behind Tabata as the #2 prospect in that system, maybe even surpassing Tabata, assuming Hughes passes the rookie limit.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:47 am

Maybe Nate Schierholtz or Eddy Martinez-Esteve.

But that's just wishful thinking for the Giants sake.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KOSTAS » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:02 am

rmande09 wrote:Well that's what I meant with the topic, "2007 Breakout Prospects." If Rodriguez keeps the power numbers up (which I would assume he definitely would in Arkansas), I would definitely think he would have to get some talk. I think this could be a big year for the young trio (Aybar, Wood, Rodriguez), as a strong showing in the first few months at Arkansas for Rodriguez could propel him to AAA-Salt Lake with both Wood and Aybar, forcing the Angels to make a decision about positions and who will stay with the organization. I personally do not feel Aybar will be much of a ML contributor - he reminds me a lot of an Adam Kennedy type. I also question whether his defense will stick at SS, as he is not exactly a strong defender.

Aybar has a far better chance to stick at SS than either Wood or S-Rod. Defense is his best tool and he is the only true SS of the trio. I see him getting dealt because he can bring some nice value back. He will be starting for some organization by 2008.

I also hope Rodriguez sticks at SS because his offense will look much better there than in the OF!
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Donald Veal, Jeff Clement, Dexter Fowler, Colby Rasmus, Eric Hurley, Deolis Guerra, Daniel Bard, Hank Conger, Jeremy Jeffress, Matt Sulentic, John Mayberry, and Lars Anderson.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby rmande09 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:23 pm

KOSTAS wrote:
rmande09 wrote:Well that's what I meant with the topic, "2007 Breakout Prospects." If Rodriguez keeps the power numbers up (which I would assume he definitely would in Arkansas), I would definitely think he would have to get some talk. I think this could be a big year for the young trio (Aybar, Wood, Rodriguez), as a strong showing in the first few months at Arkansas for Rodriguez could propel him to AAA-Salt Lake with both Wood and Aybar, forcing the Angels to make a decision about positions and who will stay with the organization. I personally do not feel Aybar will be much of a ML contributor - he reminds me a lot of an Adam Kennedy type. I also question whether his defense will stick at SS, as he is not exactly a strong defender.

Aybar has a far better chance to stick at SS than either Wood or S-Rod. Defense is his best tool and he is the only true SS of the trio. I see him getting dealt because he can bring some nice value back. He will be starting for some organization by 2008.

I also hope Rodriguez sticks at SS because his offense will look much better there than in the OF!

Ya, I just re-read my post and was scratching my head. I'm not sure if I was just typing too fast or what because Aybar is clearly the best shortstop of the group; I think I may have meant to say that about Rodriguez? Maybe Wood? Who knows. Thanks for correcting me there.

I would think that Aybar would be dealt simply because of the offensive ability of Rodriguez and Wood. I would think one would end up playing SS and one at 3B, unless both play such bad SS defense that one goes to 3B and the other to the OF.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmex » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:10 am

Gotta add Jonathin Meloan from the Dodgers, check out his strike out rates last year. another one could be Brian Akin in the dodgers organization. This next one is questionable and might be a stretch but id keep an eye on Dallas Buck from ARI. he didnt pitch last year due to injury, but if he can come back healthy the kid has what it takes. He'll need to get his velocity up but he has the make up.

also Jonah Nickerson, who did well last year i believe, showed the heart of a champ in the CWS. This is a guy who might be nothing more than a control pitcher down the line cause i dont know if he really has the stuff to be a dominant guy, but he could be another sleeper. if he can pick up a few mph, he has all the make up to become a top guy down the line
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmex » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:10 am

Gotta add Jonathin Meloan from the Dodgers, check out his strike out rates last year. another one could be Brian Akin in the dodgers organization. This next one is questionable and might be a stretch but id keep an eye on Dallas Buck from ARI. he didnt pitch last year due to injury, but if he can come back healthy the kid has what it takes. He'll need to get his velocity up but he has the make up.

also Jonah Nickerson, who did well last year i believe, showed the heart of a champ in the CWS. This is a guy who might be nothing more than a control pitcher down the line cause i dont know if he really has the stuff to be a dominant guy, but he could be another sleeper. if he can pick up a few mph, he has all the make up to become a top guy down the line
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball