Everyone's thoughts on Eric Chavez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Everyone's thoughts on Eric Chavez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Everyone's thoughts on Eric Chavez

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:27 pm

I have been able to pick him up in mock drafts real late (after the 13th round,12 team mixed). Does that sound right? i dont know if people think he is injury-prone, dont expect a comeback season, or if he's not on anyone's radar after last years abysmal season.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LukeW9027 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:57 pm

I think he may come back to respectablilty, but hes not someone that i am willing to invest my teams future on. His best years are behind him and injury problems have really plagued them. Although i will pick him up later in drafts in hoping he can come back to being a solid CI.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:16 pm

If he's healthy, he's golden. Even if he's not healthy, he can still be a great player.

For example, in 2005, his back was ailing, his shoulder was dead, and he still put up good numbers. I expect him to be back, and I would take the risk if you could get him that late.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slickterp » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:09 am

i would expect him to be a 25-30 HR 80-100 RBI 3B which is OK at the bottom end of that scale and pretty good at the top. just depends on where he's at on the scale. If he can get back to hitting .275 i'd put him towards the upper end of that scale.
slickterp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beerman648 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm

i dont see him as what he once was at all. he has fallen dramatically in my eyes and draft board when i make it from where i had him last year. I was hopin last year to have him as my 3b then someone drafted him a rd earlier than me so i was pissed. Over time though i found that i got the best of him so i will steer clear for awhile
beerman648
College Coach
College Coach

Chavez

Postby jkb83 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:04 pm

He is a calculated risk in my mind.I know that he is a pricey player for the numbers in a dynasty league,but someone will pick him up in the later rounds due to the potential he has.
jkb83
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

I agree

Postby astromania » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:07 am

His best years are behind him. Except in the later rounds, he is very risky, he could really help your club(if healthy) but, if not, he could hurt you. That said, if he is available late, I am willing to take the chance. Worth a marginal risk, but by alll means don't bet the farm on him! :-b
astromania
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates