BMRA-Round 1-Temple of the Dog vs. Under the Table and Dream - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BMRA-Round 1-Temple of the Dog vs. Under the Table and Dream

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

which one?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:15 am

Temple of the Dog
82%
Under the Table and Dreaming
18%

Total votes : 28

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:08 am

acsguitar wrote:He's not more of a jazz drummer then DC?

Anyways isn't open hand drumming a jazz style...maybee not..anyways I'm not saying beauford isn't great. But I think Carey is better. Carey is an extremely good tabla player as well..

Of course comparing Beauford to Carey is comparing apples to oranges they are both different entireley

DMB incorporates so many different styles of music that Carter is able to showcase his tremendous abilities in all areas of music...rock/pop, jazz, latin, etc.

Open-handed playing has nothing to do with jazz drumming. It's actually much less common for an open-handed player to strictly play jazz.

You think Carey is better than Carter because you like Tool more than you like DMB...that's the only reason. They are both amazing drummers but to say one is better than the other without solid reasoning isn't really fair. If you hate DMB and love Tool, it seems obvious that you'd prefer Carey to Beauford.

My beef with DMB haters is that the only reason they hate DMB (for the most part) is because of their fans...it has nothing to do with the music. If you don't like their style of music, cool. Everyone has different tastes. But most of the people I know who hate DMB simply hate them because they are popular.

I could care less who or how many people like DMB. I love the music so I'll continue to listen. Simple as that for me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 118)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk