So... what'd you get? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

So... what'd you get?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:33 pm

My wife works in downtown St. Louis. They do a gift exchange every year and she got a gift card to Hollywood video. Problem is all the Hollywood video stores in Illinois are closing. So unless she wants to drive 30 miles to rent a movie the gift card is a nice bookmark. :-t
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:My wife works in downtown St. Louis. They do a gift exchange every year and she got a gift card to Hollywood video. Problem is all the Hollywood video stores in Illinois are closing. So unless she wants to drive 30 miles to rent a movie the gift card is a nice bookmark. :-t

Trade it on ebay or craigslist. There is a forum called gottadeal.com (dunno if I am allowed to advertise that) that has a lot of housewives who talk shopping all day. I am pretty sure they do some trading of gift cards there.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:My wife works in downtown St. Louis. They do a gift exchange every year and she got a gift card to Hollywood video. Problem is all the Hollywood video stores in Illinois are closing. So unless she wants to drive 30 miles to rent a movie the gift card is a nice bookmark. :-t

If she works in downtown St. Louis and you live across the river, couldn't she just stop on her way in Missurah to pick up a movie?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:46 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:

If she works in downtown St. Louis and you live across the river, couldn't she just stop on her way in Missurah to pick up a movie?
She could but downtown St. Louis isn't exactly the nicest neighborhood after 5 p.m. plus driving around downtown during rush hour isn't worth it. She just ended up giving it to a friend.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:30 pm

Exactly - sell it

Phatferd wrote:

Trade it on ebay or craigslist. There is a forum called gottadeal.com (dunno if I am allowed to advertise that) that has a lot of housewives who talk shopping all day. I am pretty sure they do some trading of gift cards there.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:04 pm

Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Do you go to Starbucks?

Pretty much every day. They put one on my route to work, so what choice do I have? Bastards!!! :-[ :-[

:-D

What's interesting is that in the part of Hollywood I work in, is we're just surrounded by Mom-and-Pop coffee shops (there's one downstairs too) that are upscale nonetheless. You could find a Starbucks about three blocks away though. I don't drink coffee and so, I wouldn't understand the rage behind paying upscale prices for fancy coffee (even though I understand the trendiness behind it). I know if I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, I'd have to raise an eyebrow in disappointment. Ah, it's times like these I'm glad I'm not married or in a relationship. :-D

Gift Cards to places I don't like don't really upset me. I just use those as gifts for someone else and it saves me the money I would have spent on that person anyways.

For example, my dad got me an iTunes gift card, but I know how to get anything I want for free, so I never use iTunes to buy music. So this girl I am dating just got an iPod for Xmas (she knew she was getting it. Her parents don't buy expensive gifts so her brothers and her all kind of do it for each other instead) so I gave her the iTunes card as if I bought it and "put thought behind it".

wow, i had no idea itunes sold gift cards. you must have a pretty hip dad. i'm pretty sure my stepdad is still trying to cram records into the cd-rom.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Phatferd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:52 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Do you go to Starbucks?

Pretty much every day. They put one on my route to work, so what choice do I have? Bastards!!! :-[ :-[

:-D

What's interesting is that in the part of Hollywood I work in, is we're just surrounded by Mom-and-Pop coffee shops (there's one downstairs too) that are upscale nonetheless. You could find a Starbucks about three blocks away though. I don't drink coffee and so, I wouldn't understand the rage behind paying upscale prices for fancy coffee (even though I understand the trendiness behind it). I know if I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, I'd have to raise an eyebrow in disappointment. Ah, it's times like these I'm glad I'm not married or in a relationship. :-D

Gift Cards to places I don't like don't really upset me. I just use those as gifts for someone else and it saves me the money I would have spent on that person anyways.

For example, my dad got me an iTunes gift card, but I know how to get anything I want for free, so I never use iTunes to buy music. So this girl I am dating just got an iPod for Xmas (she knew she was getting it. Her parents don't buy expensive gifts so her brothers and her all kind of do it for each other instead) so I gave her the iTunes card as if I bought it and "put thought behind it".

wow, i had no idea itunes sold gift cards. you must have a pretty hip dad. i'm pretty sure my stepdad is still trying to cram records into the cd-rom.

He has 4 kids who all have iPods. You can get them at like Best Buy and Target and stuff. They are in $15 and $30 values I think.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:$300
white nike air forces
tom clancy las vegas for 360
the godfather for 360
NFL Motorola Coaches Headset for 360
NBA Live 07 for 360
Princeton Review SAT book (THANKS DAD!!!)
Oakleys
American Eagle Clogs hahahaha
A real Dart Board for the game room (props to the girlfriend)
Scene it Sports Trivia
Nike Aero Torque Bat
Clothes
DVDs
CDs

Its just the name of the bat Nike just came out with...they finally have made a good bat

Whats an Aero Torque Bat?
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:02 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:$300
white nike air forces
tom clancy las vegas for 360
the godfather for 360
NFL Motorola Coaches Headset for 360
NBA Live 07 for 360
Princeton Review SAT book (THANKS DAD!!!)
Oakleys
American Eagle Clogs hahahaha
A real Dart Board for the game room (props to the girlfriend)
Scene it Sports Trivia
Nike Aero Torque Bat
Clothes
DVDs
CDs

Its just the name of the bat Nike just came out with...they finally have made a good bat

Whats an Aero Torque Bat?

Metal, wood, composite??

Just wondering cause I play in a wood bat league
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk