Return to General Talk

So... what'd you get?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:21 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I actually heard Snoopy vs RB is a good game ;-D
I've only played it a little. I was afraid it was going to be really easy since it looks like a kids game but it has been more challenging than I thought. It isn't meant to be a real serious game so if you are looking for a flight sim look elsewhere but it is tons of fun.

Yea it got a 7.6 on gamespot which is a good rating for that game
Snoopy laughing when he shoots down enemy planes is worth at least a 5.0 by it :-D

Nice...i wanna get that game
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:45 pm

I got a gift card from Starbucks from my wife. What a lame, crappy gift. I love my wife dearly and all, but she's a terrible gift-giver. :-b
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:50 pm

knapplc wrote:I got a gift card from Starbucks from my wife. What a lame, crappy gift. I love my wife dearly and all, but she's a terrible gift-giver. :-b

You need to tell your loved ones what you want.

I told my GF I want a Newegg gift certificate and thats it.

Of Course my buddy told his girl that and he got shoes :-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:I got a gift card from Starbucks from my wife. What a lame, crappy gift. I love my wife dearly and all, but she's a terrible gift-giver. :-b

You need to tell your loved ones what you want.

I told my GF I want a Newegg gift certificate and thats it.

Of Course my buddy told his girl that and he got shoes :-D

Yeah, I gave her a list, but it didn't seem to help. She's kind of off in her own world. O:-)
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Uh, oh. One of the things I got my wife was a Starbucks gift card. I generally hate gift cards, but she loves Starbucks (has one at her work) so I thought it was fitting. She likes those teas they have. I hope she meant it when she said she loved it. :-o :-b !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Uh, oh. One of the things I got my wife was a Starbucks gift card. I generally hate gift cards, but she loves Starbucks (has one at her work) so I thought it was fitting. She likes those teas they have. I hope she meant it when she said she loved it. :-o :-b !+)

I got my wife a gift card because that's what she asked for. I think if your wife asked for it then you really can't go wrong. But I never asked for a gift card.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:39 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I got my wife a gift card because that's what she asked for. I think if your wife asked for it then you really can't go wrong. But I never asked for a gift card.

She didn't ask for one either, but she likes them so I was thinking I was in the clear with this one. I'll have to inquire if she's using it or not. Do you go to Starbucks?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:44 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Do you go to Starbucks?

Pretty much every day. They put one on my route to work, so what choice do I have? Bastards!!! :-[ :-[

:-D
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:

Pretty much every day. They put one on my route to work, so what choice do I have? Bastards!!! :-[ :-[

What's interesting is that in the part of Hollywood I work in, is we're just surrounded by Mom-and-Pop coffee shops (there's one downstairs too) that are upscale nonetheless. You could find a Starbucks about three blocks away though. I don't drink coffee and so, I wouldn't understand the rage behind paying upscale prices for fancy coffee (even though I understand the trendiness behind it). I know if I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, I'd have to raise an eyebrow in disappointment. Ah, it's times like these I'm glad I'm not married or in a relationship. :-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:

What's interesting is that in the part of Hollywood I work in, is we're just surrounded by Mom-and-Pop coffee shops (there's one downstairs too) that are upscale nonetheless. You could find a Starbucks about three blocks away though. I don't drink coffee and so, I wouldn't understand the rage behind paying upscale prices for fancy coffee (even though I understand the trendiness behind it). I know if I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, I'd have to raise an eyebrow in disappointment. Ah, it's times like these I'm glad I'm not married or in a relationship. :-D

Gift Cards to places I don't like don't really upset me. I just use those as gifts for someone else and it saves me the money I would have spent on that person anyways.

For example, my dad got me an iTunes gift card, but I know how to get anything I want for free, so I never use iTunes to buy music. So this girl I am dating just got an iPod for Xmas (she knew she was getting it. Her parents don't buy expensive gifts so her brothers and her all kind of do it for each other instead) so I gave her the iTunes card as if I bought it and "put thought behind it".
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk