Um, this is interesting................. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Um, this is interesting.................

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:00 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:I think he was left off due to his struggles this year and his struggles last year against the Yanks. Mentally, the guy has to be tired. Flipping off the fans is pretty dumb. It also doesn't bode well for next year.

Agreed although they need a decent starter for next year more than they need to make a statement.

I bet they are debating what to do in the front office as we speak. Do we give him another chance and let him start next year? Or do we trade him due to his actions? Tough decision for the Sox to make.

You are correct, my friend. It's a bit early but 1 thing that is different about this team compared to those in the past is that this 1 is a cohesive unit. They really need to be careful.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:07 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:I bet they are debating what to do in the front office as we speak. Do we give him another chance and let him start next year? Or do we trade him due to his actions? Tough decision for the Sox to make.

You are correct, my friend. It's a bit early but 1 thing that is different about this team compared to those in the past is that this 1 is a cohesive unit. They really need to be careful.

I'd also think that how they wind up in the playoffs could make a difference. I'd say that if they win it all, Kim will most likely be gone. If they lose somewhere along the way and determine it was due to a lack of starting pitching, then I expect them to be active in the free agent market next year. If they pick up a starter or two, then Kim will most likely be gone. If they don't get anyone, then they will probably give Kim another shot. Should be interesting to see this unfold during the offseason.

Personally, if Kim's situation is disrupting the team unity, I would trade him.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:24 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:I bet they are debating what to do in the front office as we speak. Do we give him another chance and let him start next year? Or do we trade him due to his actions? Tough decision for the Sox to make.

I'd also think that how they wind up in the playoffs could make a difference. I'd say that if they win it all, Kim will most likely be gone. If they lose somewhere along the way and determine it was due to a lack of starting pitching, then I expect them to be active in the free agent market next year. If they pick up a starter or two, then Kim will most likely be gone. If they don't get anyone, then they will probably give Kim another shot. Should be interesting to see this unfold during the offseason.

Personally, if Kim's situation is disrupting the team unity, I would trade him.

after benitez, i'd welcome kim.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kentx12 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:04 pm

Lofunzo wrote:They said that they left him off because he has shoulder stiffnes. Yeah, right. :-P

That is the truth. He has swung his head around so fast, so many times, this year that he pulled some muscles.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:50 am

kentx12 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:They said that they left him off because he has shoulder stiffnes. Yeah, right. :-P

That is the truth. He has swung his head around so fast, so many times, this year that he pulled some muscles.

An oldie, but a goodie! ;-D Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:51 am

Transmogrifier wrote:Well everyone knows that Kim flipped off Boston fans, right? Some of the most passionate fans in all of baseball and you flip them off? I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded this winter. Sox fans don't like that sh*t. (Yes, we're very hard on players, but the frenzy and passion with which we love our team is nearly unrivaled. See also: Cardinals.)

Hey that is not fair... to compare some of the classiest fan's (Cardninal fan) to "some" of the most "classless" fans (Red Sox fan) :-)

That ought to open up a can of worms
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby PresHabib » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:47 am

Actually..I hate to say it but some Red Sox fans certainly have been displaying a lack of class lately. SOME, not all, and I hesitate to call them Red Sox fans because they are closer to "People looking to party and break things who happen to like the Red Sox". Anyway, after their game one victory, a couple hundred students at the University of Rhode Island, where I attend myself, decided to burn dumpsters, flip over cars, throw bricks, and things of that nature. Now, I don't approve of it but I've at least HEARD of it happening in cities after teams win championships...but game one of the LCS? Come on now. Going even further than that, I don't know how much of this is true, but there were stories of a guy beating up his girlfriend cuz she was a yankee fan, any and almost all cars with yankee paraphenalia being vandalized, a brick to somebody's face, and two stabbings. Now thats just ridiculous no matter what the scenario. I dont know how much is true, but all rumors start from somewhere ya know?

Now, that being said, those are just some true assholes looking for an excuse to break stuff and tainted the Red Sox by doing it in their name...it's like the KKK showing up to support you for a political campaign. Those people are not the true Sox fans (that me and Trans are! ;-D ) and I hope that if anybody else has heard those stories that they did not make some gross generalization about red sox fans being awful people. I know thats not what you were doing wrveres, the "anybody else" im referring to is just the general public.

And as far as class goes...id say we are more "passionate and rowdy and spirited" than "classy"..classLESS though, I beg to differ. We yell alot of stuff but at least we dont throw cell phones or pagers at players or run onto the field and attack umpires and 1st base coaches. I realize thats just a few select morons, but you know what i mean.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PresHabib » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:04 am

aside from anything, this is the way we like our young sox fans goin! Check this out, hilarious picture.
http://208.55.248.145/2003/images/soxfan.jpg
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:02 pm

PresHabib wrote:aside from anything, this is the way we like our young sox fans goin! Check this out, hilarious picture.

LMAO! :-D :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:12 pm

PresHabib wrote:aside from anything, this is the way we like our young sox fans goin! Check this out, hilarious picture.

LMAO ... dammit .. I spit Iced tea all over the place..

I understand it is not fair to generalize, so I won't. but that picture pretty much sums It all up ...LMAO... as far as passionate. Yes there is no more passionate fan than the Red Sox fan, or "Gammons Clones" :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers