Who are the top rookies for 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are the top rookies for 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:16 pm

thedude wrote:
rmande09 wrote:Nippert is a longshot to become a #2 or 3. I like Owings better than Nippert, though I think both will eventually (or could eventually) become the #4 and 5 in 'Zona.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Scherzer still unsigned? If and when they do sign him, I'd assume he'll become their #1 pitching prospect and could eventually become a solid #2-3 guy, but still, it would be a few years before he even cracks a Big League rotation.

Another good arm they have is Brett Anderson. I'm pretty sure he was a high schooler from the '06 class, but he has good command and prtty good stuff. Again, could become a nice #2-3 guy, though he is still a ways away and anything could happen.

Average depth in the pitching department, though most of them are still no where near contributing.

Brett Anderson is probably their best pitching prospect. Nippert seemed like a good prospect before this last season, but his star has fallen some. Owings could devolp into a middle of the rotation starter but isn't their yet. For the next couple of years Webb is the only guy i would trust with the ball in the playoffs.

Nah... Owings is def. their best guy. The guy throws gas and has a great slider. He could easily win the 5th spot in the rotation in ST.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Owings can also crush the ball...
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)