Who do you have on your "do not draft list" for next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who do you have on your "do not draft list" for next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:36 am

wrveres wrote:The Usual suspects fall in here..

Adam Dunn.
JD Drew
Larry Walker
JT Snow
Cruz Jr.
Aurilla
Pedro Astacio

I always try and avoid injury risks.
Austin Kearns is headed to that list quickly and I wil try and steer clear of Willis next season too.. :-)

I think this is a pretty good list, but might include Durham with his "hammie" problems. Corey Koskie has had some back problems that will warrent careful watching in the spring. Jesse Foppert needs to be here too. He will probably miss most the '04 season following "Tommy John" surgery. However, he could be a cheap pick-up in a keeper league for '05. Foppert for a buck or two could be carried on a roster a long time if you are out of contention, or he could be excellent trade bait to a contender late in the summer.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:51 am

EugeneStyles wrote:I'm putting Curt Schilling on my do-not-draft list for the third year in a row. I was wrong last year, and semi-wrong this year, but maybe he'll finally be as bad as I keep predicting he'll be.

Curious ...

why do you think that...?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:38 am

i hate how his hair looks.....

I Don't like drafting pitchers over 35 only becuase pitching takes WAY more out of a player (other than the catcher (i draft 2-3).). Young arms are great because they pitch way too much (Prior, Wood....) and the points keep rolling in ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EugeneStyles » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:57 am

I thought Schilling was washed up long ago, then he came back and had back-to-back great seasons with the Diamonbacks, and I was sure that he couldn't keep it up. Then he kept it up, and now it's because he's getting old and was injured this year. Don't take my word for it... the day I start drafting Schilling in the first round is probably when he'll finally be terrible.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby DK » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:52 pm

wrveres wrote:
EugeneStyles wrote:I'm putting Curt Schilling on my do-not-draft list for the third year in a row. I was wrong last year, and semi-wrong this year, but maybe he'll finally be as bad as I keep predicting he'll be.

Curious ...

why do you think that...?

I actually agree with him. don't get me wrong, schil is a great pitcher. but the fact that he faces #2 starters a lot unlike randy or pedro inflates his stats a bit. i think he'll fall off as well.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers