Who do you have on your "do not draft list" for next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who do you have on your "do not draft list" for next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:07 am

Albert Belle. I got burned by him this year.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:19 am

I'm waiting two rounds to draft pitchers.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mightyian5 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:19 am

i dont see why everyones soo against loaiza. everyone saw how he increased his control and his velocity. the extra pitches he added are making him into a legitimate pitcher. the man had a very low era and very high strikeout numbers and only tailed off briefly from time to time. every year he started out hot, and then went to crap. but this year, he kept it together and learned how to be a very good pitcher. i think next year he wont win 20 games, but hell be around 13-16 more than likely with a mid to high 3 era and good strikeout numbers. i agree with the fact the he does not warrant such a high pick as many people will give him. hell still be a solid pitcher, as long as he doesnt go mental and forget all he learned this year. oh, and regarding not drafting royals players, theres no way i could pass up having beltran on my team.
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:32 am

mightyian5 wrote:i dont see why everyones soo against loaiza. everyone saw how he increased his control and his velocity. the extra pitches he added are making him into a legitimate pitcher. the man had a very low era and very high strikeout numbers and only tailed off briefly from time to time. every year he started out hot, and then went to crap. but this year, he kept it together and learned how to be a very good pitcher. i think next year he wont win 20 games, but hell be around 13-16 more than likely with a mid to high 3 era and good strikeout numbers. i agree with the fact the he does not warrant such a high pick as many people will give him. hell still be a solid pitcher, as long as he doesnt go mental and forget all he learned this year. oh, and regarding not drafting royals players, theres no way i could pass up having beltran on my team.

Your analysis will push people to draft him early. If he falls to me, I'll grab him, but he'll be gone before I'm comfortable to do so.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:48 am

mightyian5 wrote:i dont see why everyones soo against loaiza. everyone saw how he increased his control and his velocity. the extra pitches he added are making him into a legitimate pitcher. the man had a very low era and very high strikeout numbers and only tailed off briefly from time to time. every year he started out hot, and then went to crap. but this year, he kept it together and learned how to be a very good pitcher. i think next year he wont win 20 games, but hell be around 13-16 more than likely with a mid to high 3 era and good strikeout numbers. i agree with the fact the he does not warrant such a high pick as many people will give him. hell still be a solid pitcher, as long as he doesnt go mental and forget all he learned this year. oh, and regarding not drafting royals players, theres no way i could pass up having beltran on my team.

Well put. ;-D Personally, I don't think there's any way in the world that Loaiza will post an era under 4 next season. That alone takes him off my list.

I agree with Beltran. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stevelabny » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:53 am

i think what everyone needs to do is just look at this list.
EVERYONE is questioning loaiza.
which means people wont believe in him on draft day
and you will be able to get him later or CHEAPER for those who have the testicles to draft the right way and have an auction.
s-drafts are soooo 1980. real men use auctions.
if my league survives to see next year, loaiza is on my "check price" list. with so many stud young pitchers (the cubs, the a's , the marlins,etc) and the old stand-bys eating up so much pitching salary, loaiza is one who could get lose in the shuffle.

ditching out on players who will go to early or be too expensive IN OCTOBER is silly. anything could happen during the off-season and spring training. and almost every usually drafted player is worth a last round pick or $1 bid.

my wish-list for next year is already: prior, beckett, lieber, beltran,
milton bradley, and matsui.
stevelabny

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:28 am

The only people that belong on a don't draft list are injured players and players that don't put up the numbers to even consider mention here. This year I wouldn't have drafted Hoffman, Nevin, Lieber due to injuries and marginal MLBers like Timo Perez, Rafael Belliard or Ray King. Anyone who says they won't take Loazia in the 20th is lying to themselves or would be shooting themselves if he does close to what did this year. That being said these are some players I overvalue and undervalue based on what I think they will be ranked.

Over - Beckett, Giles, Klesko, Vidro, Glaus

Under - Edmonds, Bagwell, Alou, Willis, Guillen
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:05 pm

Brokentusks9 wrote:blankman, if you really think you'll be able to get the players you mentioned "later in the draft" you're going to be in a world of hurt come Draft Day.

Sorry for the mix-up, but by later in the draft, I meant, later in the draft next year than they went in this year's draft. Many of them will also "fall" past the first guys I mentioned, making them go "later in the draft". (i.e. Mulder "falling" past Loaiza in the draft, which I certainly expect to happen in many leagues, and then I would thereby get Mulder "later in the draft" with respect to Loaiza) hope this clears it up ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DK » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:37 pm

blankman wrote:
Brokentusks9 wrote:blankman, if you really think you'll be able to get the players you mentioned "later in the draft" you're going to be in a world of hurt come Draft Day.

Sorry for the mix-up, but by later in the draft, I meant, later in the draft next year than they went in this year's draft. Many of them will also "fall" past the first guys I mentioned, making them go "later in the draft". (i.e. Mulder "falling" past Loaiza in the draft, which I certainly expect to happen in many leagues, and then I would thereby get Mulder "later in the draft" with respect to Loaiza) hope this clears it up ;-D

ok that's what i'd thought...just good to make sure... ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers