Ex-narc teaches you how to smuggle pot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ex-narc teaches you how to smuggle pot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby suppasonic » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:37 pm

There actually is legal precedent that this is illegal. I think it was Rice v. Paladin where a man (Rice) published a book that was a how-to guide to be a hitman and how to get away with it. First amendment rights are not protected when the speech promotes a clear and present danger or promotes abstract advocacy.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:02 pm

suppasonic wrote:There actually is legal precedent that this is illegal. I think it was Rice v. Paladin where a man (Rice) published a book that was a how-to guide to be a hitman and how to get away with it. First amendment rights are not protected when the speech promotes a clear and present danger or promotes abstract advocacy.

i got an A in media law ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby laxguy8947 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
suppasonic wrote:There actually is legal precedent that this is illegal. I think it was Rice v. Paladin where a man (Rice) published a book that was a how-to guide to be a hitman and how to get away with it. First amendment rights are not protected when the speech promotes a clear and present danger or promotes abstract advocacy.

Well smuggling drugs doesn't create clear and present danger or any kind of imminent threat. Under your reasoning, I could be arrested for wearing a sandwich board in public that promotes smoking dope :-?
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby suppasonic » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:08 pm

laxguy8947 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Well smuggling drugs doesn't create clear and present danger or any kind of imminent threat. Under your reasoning, I could be arrested for wearing a sandwich board in public that promotes smoking dope :-?

What's a sandwich board?
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:13 pm

suppasonic wrote:
laxguy8947 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

What's a sandwich board?

acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:44 am

If OJ can't release a book on how to kill someone and get away with it, I don't see how this will fly.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk