Ex-narc teaches you how to smuggle pot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ex-narc teaches you how to smuggle pot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ex-narc teaches you how to smuggle pot

Postby The Big Train » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:26 am

An ex-jackboot goes straight...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16322314/ for the article and brief video interview with Tucker Carlson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmtiiwQYFzY for his DVD pitch... I love the money-back guarantee at the end: "I'll even pay your postage!" ... I'm sure that will help cover my court costs when I get busted. :-b

TYLER, Texas - A one-time Texas drug agent described by his former boss as perhaps the best narcotics officer in the country plans to market a how-to video on concealing drugs and fooling police.

Barry Cooper, who has worked for small police departments in East Texas, plans to launch a Web site next week where he will sell his video, “Never Get Busted Again,” the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its online edition Thursday.

A promotional video says Cooper will show viewers how to “conceal their stash,” “avoid narcotics profiling” and “fool canines every time.”

Cooper, who said he favors the legalization of marijuana, made the video in part because he believes the nation’s fight against drugs is a waste of resources. Busting marijuana users fills up prisons with nonviolent offenders, he said.

“My main motivation in all of this is to teach Americans their civil liberties and what drives me in this is injustice and unfairness in our system,” Cooper told the newspaper.

Cooper said his Web site should be operating by Tuesday.

As a drug officer, Cooper said, he made more than 800 drug arrests and seized more than 50 vehicles and $500,000 in cash and assets.

“He was even better than he says he was,” said Tom Finley, Cooper’s former boss on a West Texas drug task force and now a private investigator in Midland. “He was probably the best narcotics officer in the state and maybe the country during his time with the task force.”

News of the video has angered authorities, including Richard Sanders, an agent with the Tyler Drug Enforcement Agency. Sanders said he plans to investigate whether the video violates any laws.

“It outrages me personally as I’m sure it does any officer that has sworn an oath to uphold the laws of this state, and nation,” Sanders said. “It is clear that his whole deal is to make money and he has found some sort of scheme, but for him to go to the dark side and do this is infuriating.”

Smith County Deputy Constable Mark Waters, a narcotics officer, said the video is insulting to law enforcement officials.

“This is a slap in the face to all that we do to uphold the laws and keep the public safe,” he said.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:26 am

Can't this be considered assisting in illegal activities or something? This can't be legal.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:05 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Can't this be considered assisting in illegal activities or something? This can't be legal.

That's what I was thinking.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mugrila » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:49 pm

8-o :-?
I agree with the legalization and waste of resources part but thats about it. Can they let him do this?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:57 pm

Mugrila wrote:8-o :-?
I agree with the legalization and waste of resources part but thats about it. Can they let him do this?

I agree as well, but this seems odd. It seems to me that they'll try to stop this however they can. It really can't be legal, can it? Although if the guy is a cop, he probably knows what he can and can't do...

Interesting.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby JTWood » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:00 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Although if the guy is a cop, he probably knows what he can and can't do...

I think time has shown again and again that being a cop does not necessarily mean that the person is familiar with the law or respectful of it.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:08 pm

JTWood wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Although if the guy is a cop, he probably knows what he can and can't do...

I think time has shown again and again that being a cop does not necessarily mean that the person is familiar with the law or respectful of it.

Well I can't argue with that statement in general. And he's obviously not respectful of the law in this case because it's something he says he doesn't agree with. And good for him.

However, in this case, when you've got a guy who they're calling the "best narcotics officer in the State, and possibly the country" putting a video out to "teach Americans their civil liberties" then it's very well possible he's not actually breaking any laws.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:30 pm

I know so many people that have smuggled drugs in and out of the country. Not alot but you know a bag here and there.

It makes no sense to me at all why you would risk your life to smoke a quarter of weed but hey.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:48 pm

"Hi, this is Fred w/ the DEA. I'm not available to take your call right now because I'm out arresting all of the bozos who learned how to smuggle their cheeba on YouTube" ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:51 pm

i'm not knowledgable on the subject, but i'm inclined to think there's nothing illegal about revealing police tactics (non-mission-specific). Its probably a fine line, but he could just substitute 'basil' for 'weed' to be technically legal in his presentation if that becomes an issue.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk