Can I borrow 1.65 Trillion Dollars? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Can I borrow 1.65 Trillion Dollars?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:Is allofmp3 one of those Russian download sites that claim to have a Loophole that lets you download music for 11Cents

Its not really a loophole. They setup under the Russian law so what they do is completely legal until Russia changes the law. Somewhat like The Pirate Bay being a legal Torrent tracker until the change in Swedish law.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Is allofmp3 one of those Russian download sites that claim to have a Loophole that lets you download music for 11Cents

Its not really a loophole. They setup under the Russian law so what they do is completely legal until Russia changes the law. Somewhat like The Pirate Bay being a legal Torrent tracker until the change in Swedish law.

ahh gotcha...

Anyone know how newsgroups are legal?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:01 pm

JTWood wrote:
The United States even went as far as blocking Russia’s entrance into the World Trade Organization (WTO) until they shutdown the site.

Over music?!

8-o

far more. this is a copyright/IP issue. very important.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tavish » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

ahh gotcha...

Newsgroups as in usenet?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:14 pm

Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

ahh gotcha...

Newsgroups as in usenet?

Yea...Cause you pay for access to servers that basically supply warez and what not...

I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:Yea...Cause you pay for access to servers that basically supply warez and what not...

Warez trading over newgroups is no different than p2p filesharing. There are completely legal uses for the transfer system and then there are the ones that break copyrights. Its no more legal to download a cracked program from alt.binaries than it is to snag it from Grokster.

The MPAA is already starting to crack down on the Usenet groups that are sharing movies, I'm sure the RIAA and other copyright advocate groups will be right behind them.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:26 pm

Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yea...Cause you pay for access to servers that basically supply warez and what not...

Warez trading over newgroups is no different than p2p filesharing. There are completely legal uses for the transfer system and then there are the ones that break copyrights. Its no more legal to download a cracked program from alt.binaries than it is to snag it from Grokster.

The MPAA is already starting to crack down on the Usenet groups that are sharing movies, I'm sure the RIAA and other copyright advocate groups will be right behind them.

Thats what I figured...it is pretty sweet though. can't complain about downloading at 7 megs a second
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:55 pm

I received some allofmp3 credit as a gift last Christmas and it usually cost about 2-4$ an album if I remember correctly. Although I would be a little wary myself about giving my credit card info to an internet company like this one.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:48 am

RugbyD wrote:
JTWood wrote:
The United States even went as far as blocking Russia’s entrance into the World Trade Organization (WTO) until they shutdown the site.

Over music?!

8-o

far more. this is a copyright/IP issue. very important.

I understand that, but the quote makes it sounds like it wasn't a general issue so much as a specific issue related to this one site. That's what I'm shocked about.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ayebatter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 am

Tavish wrote:I think AllOfMP3 should offer to settle the lawsuit by giving the RIAA $1.65 trillion dollars worth of free downloads.

:-b :-D :-D :-b :-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1363)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk