Easy A! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Easy A!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Hopefully this is a high school class. I never understood the point of taking a class I'm paying for just for the easy grade. I went to college because I actually wanted to learn something, not just get by.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:49 pm

Tavish wrote:Hopefully this is a high school class. I never understood the point of taking a class I'm paying for just for the easy grade. I went to college because I actually wanted to learn something, not just get by.

Same here. Load up a double science major (math, physics) for me and forget the stupid GEs. Talking to the advising counselors at your college can get you around most of that stuff and to the classes that really matter.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:50 pm

Tavish wrote:Hopefully this is a high school class. I never understood the point of taking a class I'm paying for just for the easy grade. I went to college because I actually wanted to learn something, not just get by.

Exactly. College is just too expensive to go and not learn anything. About the only easy A class I had was the Freshmen Orientation class that you had to take. It was pretty much show up to classes, pass a few tests on school colors, nicknames, important past graduates, where buildings were located and you got an A. I had a few other classes that I considered easy, but that was mainly due to some learning I did in the class. Of course then there was microeconomics and that was my one class during college that I despised with a passion. I never took a class that I felt a "C" was a great grade, but that class with that professor was a killer.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quiksilver » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:47 am

I took thee single greatest easy A class at my school this past semester: "American Sports In Film".

Once a week meeting for however long the movie is. Really knowledgeable old guy taught the class, which consisted of watching a documentary or film and then writing a sentence about it each meeting. What's even better, is that it's 3 units (really pads the GPA) and you can take it twice for credit ;-D . We watched some interesting documentaries, a lot about black sports figures such as Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, etc, and finished off the class with Remember The Titans and Field Of Dreams.
quiksilver
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:30 pm

davidmarver wrote:

Same here. Load up a double science major (math, physics) for me and forget the stupid GEs. Talking to the advising counselors at your college can get you around most of that stuff and to the classes that really matter.

Well, some schools have a core curriculum where every now and then you ran into a patsy class. Like I said, that business communications course I had taken suited the mandatory communications requirement, but along with the rest of the core, I had taken nine units of philosophy, six units of theology, six units of arts, and those were really serious courses, especially my freshman theology class where a Jesuit priest taught it and I tell ya, they can be irreverent about your personal faith beliefs...and I'm thankful for that.

Plus, I'm glad I had that patsy course. I finished with dual bachelor's degrees in computer science and business administration. That almost killed me. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:10 pm

In college I hated easy cakewalk classes....

i would get C's in those classes because I didn't understand why I even had to take them...

When i chose classes I'd chose tough ones which I would get high B's and A's in.

Public relations I got a C-, its probably the easiest class in the Communications Major Curriculum.

Media Law, Theory of Rhetoric and American Public Address I got A's which are probably the hardest classes in my majors.

Although when i was a freshman and sophomore I really just wanted to party. Once I started to realize that you can learn alot in college I enjoyed going to class a lot more.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby tuff_gong » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:14 pm

I wanted a fluff class to take in my first semester at college, so I took The History of Rock and Roll. Every other week we turned in listening logs, so we basically my homework was to listen to music and write what I thought about it. There was a mid term and a final, both were incredibly easy. I got a nice 95%. ;-D

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:15 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I wanted a fluff class to take in my first semester at college, so I took The History of Rock and Roll. Every other week we turned in listening logs, so we basically my homework was to listen to music and write what I thought about it. There was a mid term and a final, both were incredibly easy. I got a nice 95%. ;-D

I took the History Of Music...but I took it seriously even though it was an easy class I participated more then anyone else
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:44 pm

My easy classes?

Stuff like Digital System Fundamentals an Electrical Engineering course.

I haven't taken a joke class yet and I'm quite proud of that, because I'm actually learning something.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:20 am

I've taken a couple easy classes to get away from biology and chem classes. I tried to fulfill them with stuff that's interesting, but sometimes, it fails.

Easiest class I've taken by far is called "The Concert Season." I basically attended class once a week, went to classical music concerts for extra credit, and took midterms that I studied for twenty minutes prior.

Easiest A ever. And free live classical music. What more could I ask for?
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to General Talk