Easy A! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Easy A!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Easy A!

Postby Miami in Ohio? » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:01 am

So I took this class at school....Theater Appreciation. From what I heard, all you needed to do was read the plays to receive an A, so I took the class.

I never read one play...besides on spark notes and in DVD form.

The class was Tuesday and Thursday at 8am and I went half the time hung over.

I got my grade today.....I got an A.

I dont know how I did it. My three exams were 93, 81 and 71

im not complaining haha
Miami in Ohio?
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:10 am

pretty sweet ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:41 am

;-D

i took a film studies class once, most of the movies sucked so i slept through them but the teacher would really over emphasise the main points and the class consisted if two essay tests where you'd just have to reiterate those points...i think i got an A- though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 am

Those "easy A" classes can be interesting, though. You may be surprised later in life to discover that something stuck and you know something about theater that you otherwise wouldn't.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:51 am

You lost me at 8 A.M. X-I
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby ironman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:54 am

Lofunzo wrote:You lost me at 8 A.M. X-I

Ha! I was that way. By my junior year, anything before 10am was downright criminal. One course I took that was required for my major started at 9:30 and I killed myself to get to it. That class is the reason I started drinking coffee.

My easiest class was Music of Our Time. The class covered music from the dawn of the jazz era up to now. We basically spent 3/4 of the semester listening to jazz and then eventually got into Allman Brothers, Zepellin and such. We had one paper that had to be about a concert that you attended during the semester. I wrote about a G Love and Special Sauce concert, except that the one I went to was about two years prior, not that G Love really changed his act any.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:34 am

We had the same class at UF, pretty easy, but not the easiest. I took a class called insects. Class was at 9:30 but you never had to go. They gave you a cd that you did "practice questions" on. There were like 200 of them for each of the 3 tests. They chose 50 of those same exact questions for the test, all you had to do was memorize. i got a 100% in the class. Highest grade ever. :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 pm

The only patsy course I had taken was Intro to Business Communication. Basically, all the quizzes and tests were framed so that the hints gave about 75% of the answer and all you had to do was just punch it in with the 25% you could easily grasp. 40% of the grade was on a 20-minute presentation you had to do, where you would speak about the ideal career for you and why, the whole time. Man, it felt like I was 5 years old again. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:16 pm

I had a few classes like that, and I always hated them. What the hell is the point of paying good money to take a class if nobody in it really cares (including, it would seem, the professor), and you don't learn anything? Although, I had different goals in college than most people seem to, so maybe that's why I didn't like the 'easy A' courses.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:52 pm

I took an Education course called 'Exploring Teaching as a Profession' that was a 100-level course designed for incoming Freshmen to, well, explore teaching as a profession.

I chose to take the course the Spring of my Senior year. O:-)

I literally probably could've taught it.

There was also an Educational Independant Study course I took my Senior year in the Fall. I met with my advisor for us to come up with what would equate to a given grade, a topic, etc. and we decided that my topic would be block scheduling, since it's becoming quite popular in the Capital District, and she said that 12 pages of well-written research would be good enough for an A, and I could turn it in as many times in the semester as I wanted, and she'd review it and give it back, as long as by the end of the semester, I handed in a final version... I did the whole thing on a Saturday, handed it in once and got an A. 3 credits in one day.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Next

Return to General Talk