BMRA-Round 1-Reign in Blood vs. The Colour and the Shape - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BMRA-Round 1-Reign in Blood vs. The Colour and the Shape

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which one?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:43 am

Slayer's album
41%
Foo Fighter's album
59%

Total votes : 32

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:42 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:You're all fancy-pants besides me, RugbyD, acid metal and Mad. :-D

I definitely understand metal like Slayer isn't for everyone and I'm proud to say that most metal is anti-establishment, but I think popular culture likes to undermine the metalheads at times to the point we're disrespected quite a bit. I could care less, but it has to be said.

I actually have extremely diverse tastes in music incl classical, opera, polyphonic chanting from the Renaissance (e.g. Thomas Tallis whose ouevre, like Slayer's, can be interpreted as 'anti-establishment, a Latin protest against the Reformation...), humongous fan of swirly 60s stuff (I have both Nuggets box sets in my iPod..), hip hop, jazz, shared some of Bob Stinson's Jack Daniels at a Replacements show in Champaign in 1986, all kinds of stuff. I am a bit picky but really go all over the place.

I think that it drives MrsAcidRock a bit nuts at times.

My range is a bit more limited than yours. I grew up liking Sublime (I lived in the Long Beach area and basically, they were the hometown band), 311, Bad Religion (who I'm not too keen about these days) and RHCP. I like stoner rock like Kyuss as well as some prog metal (Rush, Dream Theater, Symphony X, and so on). I used to be quite the avid fan of ska punk, namely Operation Ivy, but not so much these days, although I do enjoy listening to ska quite a bit too. I'm a big fan of European soccer chants/songs, namely those of Manchester United and FC Barcelona. I happen to like the songs of our rivals up in Liverpool (yuck), namely You'll Never Walk Alone and A Liverbird upon my Chest. I'm not too crazy about jazz and blues, but I do respect the genre. The only rap I actually like was that of Tupac Shakur, but have otherwise shied away from the whole rap/hip-hop genre.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 678)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk