i'm drunk - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

i'm drunk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:People never believe me about this, but I used to swear by it: eat a banana a little while before you start drinking. No puking, no hangover, still get good and drunk.

Could it be the potassium?

Has anyone ever tried those anti-hangover pills like Chaser? they clearly state that their effects are negligent if you consume more than TWO drinks. Yeah, maybe if you weigh 30 lbs.

I'm on my third Mad Elf: Harrisburg's finest beer, 11% ABV means nearly 4 of your Miller Lite's. Well worth the $12/six pack.

So who else here is off work until '07? Woo hoo!

RyanK, RugbyD and, now, BigH0rt are my favorite drunk posters. I'll check back into this thread after a few more brewskies, but until then I'm hitting up the new video.stumble.com... random YouTube videos for my drunken enjoyment! Maybe I'll watch some of The Tube music videos on Comcast as well.

I'm not drinking alone by the way... I'm with you guys, and my gf is asleep on the couch.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:People never believe me about this, but I used to swear by it: eat a banana a little while before you start drinking. No puking, no hangover, still get good and drunk.

Has anyone ever tried those anti-hangover pills like Chaser? they clearly state that their effects are negligent if you consume more than TWO drinks. Yeah, maybe if you weigh 30 lbs.

I'm on my third Mad Elf: Harrisburg's finest beer, 11% ABV means nearly 4 of your Miller Lite's. Well worth the $12/six pack.

RyanK, RugbyD and, now, BigH0rt are my favorite drunk posters. I'll check back into this thread after a few more brewskies, but until then I'm hitting up the new video.stumble.com... random YouTube videos for my drunken enjoyment! Maybe I'll watch some of The Tube music videos on Comcast as well.

I'm not drinking alone by the way... I'm with you guys, and my gf is asleep on the couch.

haha sweet...it wont be the first time you've been on here drunk...im off from school until janurary, so i may as well be drunk on here too... :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

haha sweet...it wont be the first time you've been on here drunk...im off from school until janurary, so i may as well be drunk on here too... :-D

Not the first... NOR the last!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Coppermine wrote:So who else here is off work until '07? Woo hoo!

I'm off early Friday and then, I have until New Year's off. ;-D

Coppermine wrote:RyanK, RugbyD and, now, BigH0rt are my favorite drunk posters. I'll check back into this thread after a few more brewskies, but until then I'm hitting up the new video.stumble.com... random YouTube videos for my drunken enjoyment! Maybe I'll watch some of The Tube music videos on Comcast as well.

Sweet. I'll recommend tech to put in a feature like that on Revver. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:28 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:

Coppermine wrote:RyanK, RugbyD and, now, BigH0rt are my favorite drunk posters. I'll check back into this thread after a few more brewskies, but until then I'm hitting up the new video.stumble.com... random YouTube videos for my drunken enjoyment! Maybe I'll watch some of The Tube music videos on Comcast as well.

Excellent idea! My problem with YouTube is that I have trouble finding "good" videos. I've already seen all of the "most watched all time" and the weekly/monthly most watched vids are usually stale advertisements and vlogs mislabeled as "Britney Spears nude!"

Revver should have a "random video" button where it pops up something random, but something that doesn't suck either. Maybe a random "best of" video, or one where viewers can nominate their favorite videos to be included.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Excellent idea! My problem with YouTube is that I have trouble finding "good" videos. I've already seen all of the "most watched all time" and the weekly/monthly most watched vids are usually stale advertisements and vlogs mislabeled as "Britney Spears nude!"

Revver should have a "random video" button where it pops up something random, but something that doesn't suck either. Maybe a random "best of" video, or one where viewers can nominate their favorite videos to be included.

I hear ya. Youtube has become pretty corporate since being acquired. Odds are you find CBS and NBC having spots in Most Viewed, Top Rated, and Most Discussed, and you don't find anything original. Youtube is getting flak for it from their most loyal vloggers.

As for the bait-and-switch vlogs that claim "Britney Spears nude!" or what-have-you, it's funny you bring that up because at work yesterday, we were trying to find really dirty sex clips on Youtube and even though it takes time, you can find them.

Well, the editor who programs the front page and collections really does a top job in picking the best of the best from Revver, but sometimes it can be hard to make a sell on original content to mainstream viewers who would rather see popular, copyrighted content. On top of that, we don't have community features like on Youtube or Metacafe where you can voice your opinions and in fact, in a meeting a few days back, I was arguing for some widgets that facilitated social networking, but the focus tends to be on driving traffic for our affiliates than it is for our site. I believe we have to do both, but hey, some people fall too much in love with the radical thought we don't have to be Youtube because of our technology. I agree with that to some extent, but we have to be like Youtube at some extent to be successful too.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Well, Round 2 starts in an hour... wish me luck. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:50 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Well, Round 2 starts in an hour... wish me luck. :-°

Eat a banana! :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:56 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Well, Round 2 starts in an hour... wish me luck. :-°

Have fun, hort. I'll say a prayer for you that you don't wind up waking up the next morning full of dreams with Labatt and Molson beer bottles laughing at you. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:00 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

I hear ya. Youtube has become pretty corporate since being acquired. Odds are you find CBS and NBC having spots in Most Viewed, Top Rated, and Most Discussed, and you don't find anything original. Youtube is getting flak for it from their most loyal vloggers.

As for the bait-and-switch vlogs that claim "Britney Spears nude!" or what-have-you, it's funny you bring that up because at work yesterday, we were trying to find really dirty sex clips on Youtube and even though it takes time, you can find them.

Well, the editor who programs the front page and collections really does a top job in picking the best of the best from Revver, but sometimes it can be hard to make a sell on original content to mainstream viewers who would rather see popular, copyrighted content. On top of that, we don't have community features like on Youtube or Metacafe where you can voice your opinions and in fact, in a meeting a few days back, I was arguing for some widgets that facilitated social networking, but the focus tends to be on driving traffic for our affiliates than it is for our site. I believe we have to do both, but hey, some people fall too much in love with the radical thought we don't have to be Youtube because of our technology. I agree with that to some extent, but we have to be like Youtube at some extent to be successful too.

Look at it this way AD: Revver's whole business model is based on videos that have potential to be "viral." but how can a video be viral if people don't see it? It's true about more YouTube videos going "corporate" and that original content is being suppressed. Here's Revver's chance with a "random video" link.

Take a hand picked collection of original videos that have a potential to go viral. This is Revver's concept anyway right, and what I assume you and others may do 8 hours a day (luckbags). A collection of original videos with the propensity to go viral. With a "random video" button, one of those hand picked videos would play and the viewer would be subjected to material that isn't dependent on "most watched," "most commented" or even "editor picks" (even though that's technically what it is).

So let's say just one out of 100 of these hand-picked "random" videos go viral because someone got i randomly... boom, you've got yourself a mini profit center for both you and the contributor, plus exposure that may otherwise not have existed. Now let this random video button be available for sharing on blogs and websites.

Joe Schmo doesn't put a specific video on his website, but just the "random video" feed, sort of like RSS only random, and more and more viewers see content that they would otherwise not be exposed to.

Do I have a job at Revver yet?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk