Tiger Woods - Amazing (Dugg) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tiger Woods - Amazing (Dugg)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby womfalcs7 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Again, I am amazed that Tiger gets applauded for the shot, and rightfully so, yet Love gets nothing when he did basically the same thing 6 years earlier:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/august ... 1/16th.mov

Sorry for the bad quality.

Love III never gets left out of these conversations when golfers speak about Tiger's shot....as the commentators in the clip discuss. Davis should get the same props for the shot itself, but Tiger keeps amazing his fans.

I mean, he holed in the 2nd shot from the fairway using a 4 iron at Hoylake this past season. Davis is also a very good and proven player.
womfalcs7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:10 am

womfalcs7 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Again, I am amazed that Tiger gets applauded for the shot, and rightfully so, yet Love gets nothing when he did basically the same thing 6 years earlier:

Love III never gets left out of these conversations when golfers speak about Tiger's shot....as the commentators in the clip discuss. Davis should get the same props for the shot itself, but Tiger keeps amazing his fans.

I mean, he holed in the 2nd shot from the fairway using a 4 iron at Hoylake this past season. Davis is also a very good and proven player.

My point is that we are discussing a great shot by Tiger 1+ year later yet Love's shot was forgotten 1 minute later.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:46 am

Lofunzo wrote:
womfalcs7 wrote:

My point is that we are discussing a great shot by Tiger 1+ year later yet Love's shot was forgotten 1 minute later.

i think the fact that one guy is a legand in his own time and the other is davis boring love III has something to do with it.

that and tiger's ball came to dead stop and somehow still sunk. amazing.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:57 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
womfalcs7 wrote:

i think the fact that one guy is a legand in his own time and the other is davis boring love III has something to do with it.

The shot itself has little or nothing to do with it. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ayebatter » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 am

I golf (poorly) thats not golf, thats amazing. I think Tiger had a copy of Love's shot and just hit it on the same line as Love, whats so tough about that.:-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1427)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:28 am

Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
womfalcs7 wrote:

The shot itself has little or nothing to do with it. :-t

i see. the golf shots had nothing to do with golf shots. what could i ever have been thinking.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby womfalcs7 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:59 am

Lofunzo wrote:
womfalcs7 wrote:

Some of the other reasons have been discussed in previous posts...but the lie in Tiger's shot was harder than that of Davis'. Tiger had the kind of lie where most amateurs would skull it over the green. Davis had the kind of lie where it's easier to get the club under the ball to get the ball up in the air.
womfalcs7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:26 am

I agree that Tiger's was more difficult because of the lie. No question about it. If Tiger had done his in 1999 and Love in 2005, I would completely understand. I am referring to the fact that there were 6 years in between the 2 and Love's seemed to be an afterthought, right from the beginning. I will concede that part of that is because Love doesn't have close to Tiger's profile and that he didn't win the tournament but, from a golf standpoint, I can't see why he didn't get his just do for a shot that wasn't "copied" for 6 years.
Lofunzo

Previous

Return to General Talk