My First Sig I have ever done - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

My First Sig I have ever done

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

My First Sig I have ever done

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Hey. I requested a sig because I think that mine sucks, but hey, it is only my first time.

OR

ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:47 am

its really not bad for a first sig at all...just remember you want to make the players the focal point and you dont need to get most of their body into the sig...you want to make them bigger and more detailed....the background probably has too much going on that it makes it distracting...but not a bad start whatsoever.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am having a real hard time getting the text to show up. Any suggestions for that?
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:37 pm

text is definitely one of the hardest parts of a sig. try stroking the text or giving it an outer glow. it should help make it stand out alittle bit...there are TONS of tutorials on the cafe...if you search alittle bit for them, you should be able to find them...they've helped me a ton ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:text is definitely one of the hardest parts of a sig. try stroking the text or giving it an outer glow. it should help make it stand out alittle bit...there are TONS of tutorials on the cafe...if you search alittle bit for them, you should be able to find them...they've helped me a ton ;-D

Tutorials are the way to go. They will definitely help you out a lot and their great. There are some great video tutorials right here at the cafe. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Thanks guys ;-D I know I am not nearly close to getting it, but how do you get an art icon? Playing With Fire has done a lot of requests, shouldn't he get one?
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:54 pm

ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:Thanks guys ;-D I know I am not nearly close to getting it, but how do you get an art icon? Playing With Fire has done a lot of requests, shouldn't he get one?

Start with looking at the videos and learning some things about how to make sigs. Then you can start taking requests and when you think they look good enough, you can PM Mad and give in 5 of the best sigs you've done as requests. Then from there it's his choice if he asks if you need to keep working on it, or give you an icon. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:36 pm

most of the time, you need just need to help our the cafe and work on your sigs. by taking requests and helping the cafe out then thats when you take on the steps to getting an icon...even if you get the art skills down, its mostly about helping others out.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Ok thanks ;-D
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:54 am

This has the potential to be an outstanding sig. Probably better than the one I did already.

But for it to be an outstanding sig

1. You need to find better, higher resolution pics of players than those. You can probably go ask(but don't ask so often that it annoys the people there) on minorleagueball.com, I got a pretty good quality pic of Tim Lincecum over there on the message board.

Then, as Snake has said, the players needs to be the focus and most of their body don't really need to be showed. They probably should be 1)Have around the same type of color types on first look, one shouldn't be significantly darker than the other, the Hirsh pic produce the most problem. 2)Be about the same size, though that is probably of less importance(by this I mean Hirsh's head shouldn't be half the size of Wood's). And 3)Big, and clear

as Snake have said, add a glow or a stroke would help a lot.

As to the background, i think it's great, but I can agree with Snakes that it's slightly distracting, lower the Opacity or add some sort of pattern to lower its color will probably do it.

And lastly, how you did that background? Or is it just a stock pic?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off