Mark Prior forecast (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Prior forecast (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jfg » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:27 pm

.i like the cubs future..

I think I heard someone else say that (wait for it)......................

In 1906!

(Rimshot!)
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:43 pm

jfg wrote:
.i like the cubs future..

I think I heard someone else say that (wait for it)......................

In 1906!

(Rimshot!)

Good work jfg. ;-D

You got me to chuckle a little bit. Mission accomplished. :-b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Big Train » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:16 am

jfg wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/stor ... NHeadlines

Man, I'm going to fall into the trap of drafting him again. I just know it. But, if you can get him at Pedro Martinez price it would be worth it right?

I just love the following excerpt from the article:

Prior made only nine appearances in 2006, going 1-6 with a 7.21 earned run average -- well above his 3.51 career ERA.... After making $3.65 million last season, Prior is seeking a slight raise to $3.875 million in salary arbitration. The Cubs have offered a slight pay cut, to $3.4 million.

Prior told the Sun-Times the salary haggling is "just part of the business of baseball."

Yeah Mark, only in the business of sports could a complete bust like you actually have the nerve to ask for a raise.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mark Prior

Postby krodisgreat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Mark Prior, once thought to be the Cubs' ace, he has been throwing for 2 1/2 months without pain or difficulty. He's going to have to win a job in the rotation when spring training begins next month in Mesa, Ariz. Battling injuries, he's won just 18 total games the past three seasons. "It's been a rough couple of years, but you know I'm looking forward to this year and try not to think about what's happened," Prior said. "I can't change it, I can't change the reality of what it's been the last three years. I've had some unfortunate things, but I'm not making excuses. It hasn't been good. The reality is everybody wants to see me on the field. There isn't anybody else who wants to be on the field more than I do."
krodisgreat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiderrob1616 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 am

i cant count on him for more then 20 starts
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby casem2k2 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Even with his injury bug i think he still have the potential to have a solid season. I just cant count on him. But i believe in him.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby LukeW9027 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:34 pm

Theres already a thread on Prior.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=243964

Nice piece of news though. ;-D
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jeter2411 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:14 pm

What do you feel his value is in my NL Only auction league (12 team). I drafted him last year (big mistake) but was able to hold onto him on the DL and could keep him this year for $20. Am I a fool for thinking about it? I know he is a huge injury risk but the reward could be great...
jeter2411
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:03 pm

jeter2411 wrote:What do you feel his value is in my NL Only auction league (12 team). I drafted him last year (big mistake) but was able to hold onto him on the DL and could keep him this year for $20. Am I a fool for thinking about it? I know he is a huge injury risk but the reward could be great...

I'll assume you're working with a $260 cap. I don't think you're a fool for thinking about it but I would definitely not pay that price. Unless you're playing in a Chicago-based league ;-7, Prior should go much cheaper than that. People can knock Prior all they want but his upside is far too high to ignore in an NL-only but I think you can beat out $20 in an open bid. And if not, letting someone else invest that much in a huge risk benefits your team in a roundabout manner.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dhark » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm

[quote="bazzy_51"]the cubs look like they might finally have all of their ducks somewhat in line...singing lilly...signing marquis.../quote]

First off, singing is probably all Lilly will do for the Cubs this year. He was 4th in the AL in walks last year, and the year before that his ERA was 5.56.

Now for Marquis...the bad news, he led the league in R, ER, HR, and losses. But he did manage to keep his ERA under 7...it was 6.02. The good news is that he had 14 wins on a team that I could have pitched and still got that many wins.

Then they decide to keep Prior and Wood, probably only because they are not worth their contracts. They need to get rid of one. We made such a good step in Soriano, and then we give money away to sub-par players. I don't understand it.
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates