Mark Prior forecast (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Prior forecast (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:05 pm

I disagree, if you can get him in a reasonably low round I would go for it. With Piniella, I think the use of him will be different and MUCH more cautious. Take the chance that most will not if you can get a good deal!
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:I disagree, if you can get him in a reasonably low round I would go for it. With Piniella, I think the use of him will be different and MUCH more cautious. Take the chance that most will not if you can get a good deal!

i agree with this 100%...he has been working hard this whole offseason on strengthening that shoulder, other then that he doens't have and major problems...with the strengthening programs, and his base mechanics he could still turn out to be a dominat pitcher in the majors..Piniella is smart, not an idiot like dusty baker, he won't abuse a good arm...if prior can make it back within the first month of the season and is 80%+ healthy he will make for a very nice starter in your rotation as piniella won't push him to his break point...i don't see many, if ANY, complete games in prior's future til 100% healthy, but 6-7 innings of good quality work is not out of the question and is still qualified for a win...a middle round pick of prior can't really hurt a team, can only help...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby stealthdevil » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:27 pm

MLB

Things are lookin' good for the cubbies ;-D
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:20 pm

Mark Prior is all hype. The guy hasn't pitched a full season in 3 years. The Cubs problem is they keep counting on Wood and Prior... they need to face that these guys are never going to get healthy. Dusty ruined them. I'm suprised he didn't ruin Zambrano too.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:16 am

sportsaddict wrote:Mark Prior is all hype. The guy hasn't pitched a full season in 3 years. The Cubs problem is they keep counting on Wood and Prior... they need to face that these guys are never going to get healthy. Dusty ruined them. I'm suprised he didn't ruin Zambrano too.

No Human being can ruin Carlos Zambrano.

you should know that... B-)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby stealthdevil » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:48 am

The Cubs aren't counting on Prior or Wood. Thats why they spent the money and brought in Lilly and Marquis. If Prior and/or Wood turn out to be healthy this season then thats just extra. Wood going to the pen anyway.
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dixie Twister » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:30 pm

I am actually kinda high on prior this year.

There is a pattern here.

2002 116.2
2003 211.1
2004 118.2
2005 166.2
2006 43.2

MAYBE
IF he stays under 150 inings pitched per year.....
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base." - Dave Berry
Dixie Twister Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:59 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/stor ... NHeadlines

Man, I'm going to fall into the trap of drafting him again. I just know it. But, if you can get him at Pedro Martinez price it would be worth it right?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 pm

the cubs look like they might finally have all of their ducks somewhat in line...prior and wood coming back sometime this year...zambrano pitching at least this season...singing lilly...signing marquis...and now the best news of all...Jeff Smardzija decided to come to the baseball side of the major league instead of the NFL..and the cubs have basically a lock on him...5 years 10 Mil, and a clause that states if he decides after a season or 2 to switch and go in the NFL he forfiets EVERYTHING including signing bonuses and extras above base salary...they are calling him the real deal mid 90's fast ball that can touch 99-100 and had a very nice record 21-5 at Notre Dame and also pitched some in the cubbies minor league system already (went 1-2 with a slim 2.70 ear in 7 starts for Class A)...i like the cubs future..

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates